NESCAC Basketball recruiting

I think rules may have changed as I’m looking now on their sites. My understanding was that some of the schools gave merit money, but not athletic scholarships per se.

At the time we were researching, I believe American and Colgate told DS only a very few select athletes received them and Lafayette did not give athletic money.

Since I am now not certain, I will refrain from commenting

2 Likes

I believe in general, not specifically the Patriot League, my understanding is that swimming scholarships are fairly limited, and some D1 programs do not fully support the program from a scholarship perspective. There are other sports that are similar, such as T&F, baseball, etc. though in general for D1 programs, sports like basketball, football and most D1 hockey programs are more often fully supported.

1 Like

Every coach that he is being recruited by knows his GPA/test scores. We also do understand that there is no athletic scholarships for d3/patriot league. Since the beginning of this post, 5 NESCAC schools have decided that they are going to go through with a pre read. Although he would he would be bummed out if he doesn’t get in, he does have options outside the NESCAC. We as a family do understand that his academic stats aren’t quite on par with the “normal” standards, we are interested to see where this ends up.

3 Likes

As others have noted, there are some athletic scholarships in the Patriot League, unlike D3, NESCAC, and Ivy League.

1 Like

Any updates? Good luck!

1 Like