NEW Empty Nest'er roll call!

<p>Emotions have been all over the place this week! One minute I am a helpful excited parent, enjoying spending time with my son as he gathers his belongings to pack. The next I am a weepy parent, frustrated that my son has made plans with everyone other than family the last night home. Don’t get me wrong, I am grateful my son has friends to wish him well. </p>

<p>The fact still remains, I have worked myself out of a job. I was not a helicopter parent with the first two. I will not be a helicopter parent with the last one either. I just ask for prayers for my middle son already at Alabama. I hope his relationship with his younger brother will continue to grow with a new found respect for all we have done up to this point.</p>

<p>Good job, Mom!</p>

<p>This week is hard for me because my older son will be about 12 hours away…which is very different from the 2 1/2 hours away he’s been for the past 4 years. Younger son moved into his apt last week.</p>

<p>I feel for all of you, I truly do. We are at grandpa’s house right now. We will stay here a day then on to T-town. It amazes me what can make me well up with tears. I wish the best for all the moms, dads, and siblings. It is hard. Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>I’m wondering what will be harder, your first or your last. This is my first and although I’m so very happy for her, watching her say good bye to her brother and sister broke my heart. I’m so grateful to have had these last five days of her all to myself, but now I’m going to miss her even more. I’m hoping we can visit in October or November, but if not, we won’t be seeing her till Christmas. We’re still happy with our decision to send her this far away, though. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>New empty nester here…and I can say it’s been harder with the last child. Many tears this week; and right now my son has 2 buddies saying goodbye. My house is the gathering place, so I’m not only going to miss my son, but all the comings and goings of his friends. </p>

<p>However, my husband is handling this much better than me! And all my friends tell me it’s not bad once you get over the first week or two! </p>

<p>So all you empty nester Mommas, hang in there!</p>