New Union South Opens

<p>Likes--bowling kept, climbing wall, theater, varsity hall
Not so hot on--Modern furniture in common areas just seem cold to me--but I don't care for modern much. The all wood chairs and tables at the other union seem much more timeless and comfy. </p>

<p>Judge for yourselves</p>

<p>Slide</a> show: New Union South: Big, welcoming, beautiful : Slide 1 of 10</p>

<p>Had the opportunity to tour on Friday Barrons. All in all, it’s a pretty amazing space. From the food offerings, technology, activities, space itself…very nicely done. Varsity Hall is amazing for its size alone, not to mention its aesthetics. The theater is also very nice. The Sett will definitely compete with The Rathskaller…especially during football season. I hear you on the modern furniture, but when you are actually in the space, it’s integrated well and when the building is living and breathing with people, it won’t feel as cold.</p>

<p>Looks fantastic. Can’t wait to see it on a football Saturday.</p>

<p>Looks infinitely better than the old version. UW is so lucky tradition doesn’t mean keeping the same old architectural style just because it was popular/no one knew any better in the era things got started. It is so nice to have the mix of styles- not caught in the gloomy past. Enough old buildings for those who like that style, and refreshing spaces for those who appreciate the improvements made over the generations. Much better to not have cloned the Memorial Union. Two different spaces to choose from.</p>