Next Housing Step (Sorry First Timer Questions!)

So son is now paid up including housing deposit at both UA and Ole Miss.

UA housing experience was - clunky is the right word. We are good and DS is now scouting through the student profiles to find a good match. What we don;t understand now is what is next? In the “help me” doc it states that "Roommate Search commences on 11/1. Is that what we are waiting on? Let’s say he find at least one, if not two or three guys he feels are compatible and they swap emails, Facebook etc… What’s the next step?

Basically, he will search for roommates over the next few months (UA Housing app, Facebook groups, etc) and then the students select rooms in early May. Last year, I believe it started around May 2 or 3. (They will be notified as to exactly when they can log on and select a room.) A lot of the guys don’t seem to get too serious about finding a roommate until the deadline is looming … as in mid-April :wink:

Thanks! We’ll be on the lookout!

The roomate that has signed up and paid their housing deposit the soonest has “first pick”. My son did not decide on UA until after Feb 1 but was pulled in by his roommate. Those 4 ended up in RCW which has only 4 floors and seems a lot quieter than RCS

We paid the deposit January 31st. Ds found two of his roommates by using he roommate finder. They e-mails each othe using their Crimson accounts (I think it wasn’t until late March). One of he roommates had he earliest pick date and pulled the others in. They are in Ridgecrest East. It is quiet, but they do have a group that socializes. Once a week one of them in their group cooks dinner for everyone.