NJMS Interview

<p>I'm trying to get some more advice on the interview at NJMS for the BA/MD Program, as I have mine at the end of the week.</p>

<p>Any advice in general, about the questions, what was difficult, etc. would be really helpful since I'm not sure what to expect at all. Also, how long is it? What were the questions like? How do you recommend preparing?</p>

<p>Thank you so much in advance, and I'll try to post what I experienced to for next year's applicants! :)</p>

<p>bump… maybe? haha</p>

<p>any tips about the umdnj/njms interview would be useful!</p>

<p>Mine was 2 hours and 15 min, but the interviewer said it was only supposed to have been 1.5 hours. I thought it was ridiculously long for a one on one interview in either case.</p>

<p>The questions were largely about my resume/ECs and essay. I was also asked why “limit” myself to a program when I could go to a more prestigious university, and that discussion lasted for maybe 45 min. He also asked me about the reasons for my choice of major and how I was certain medicine was the best path for me over my other interests.</p>

1 Like

<p>mine was a lot shorter, but I was also asked about essentially limiting myself to a less prestigious university in such a program. thank you so much for your help, and good luck to you!</p>

1 Like

<p>Hi, I had my interview this year recently with NJMS for a 7 year program, and it lasted 1 hour and 15 min. I wasn’t asked why limit myself. But I was asked about dc’s, leadership, why medicine, what led me to apply to got to a health science high school, common issues in health care… I was wondering when you will get the decision? April or March? </p>

1 Like

<p>First of all, thanks to all of you who shared your NJMS interview experiences and best of luck to all of you. Was there an information session for the students and parents at NJMS? Was there any group interview besides the one-on-one interview? Were you given parking permits? Do you know how many will be interviewed at NJMS this year and out of those how many will be finally selected? Thanks in advance for your responses. </p>

@artstheartist & @CAJ2014 would you both be kind enough to post few of the questions? My daughter got interview for BA/MD program for next week. It is for Rutgers/NJMS BA./MD.

@neoevolution @artstheartist do you mind sharing your response to why leave more prestigious program and go to NJMS?

Hi @mom100 did you get answers to your questions, I’m looking for the answers to the same qs