No IB offered at school

<p>Hi, I'm just wondering about the whole IB thing. My school doesn't offer IB, and I had never heard of them until I got here. Is this something that I should just ignore and carry on with life, or is there a way I can get involved in this?</p>

<p>There is online IB at pamoja education .com. You can digitally connect with one of five schools in the online IB program and take IB classes.</p>

<p>Do you have AP at your school? IB is not that different from AP. There are Creativity, Action, Service Hours, Extended Essay (4,000 words on a topic of your choice), and Theory of Knowledge which set it apart from AP, which is just exams and classes. You take 3 Higher level and 3 Standard (still college level) Level classes. The humanities in IB are much harder than AP, the HL sciences are equivalent to AP, and the exams do not have multiple choice in IB.</p>

<p>I have AP at my school, yes, and I plan to take a lot of those (most that are offered at my school). What’s the difference between HL and SL? Do you have to take one in order to take the other? Or is it just difficulty levels?</p>

<p>Would it be wise to give up a school without AP and IB and go to one with only IB?</p>

<p>Secoja8: You definitely DO NOT take both HL and SL. Long story both, HL is over a span of 2 years and SL is over the span of one. I wouldn’t say one is harder than the other, just longer. However, come time to take that IB exam, studying what you learned from two whole years of schooling was pretty challenging, but I passed all 3 of my HL exams. </p>

<p>whostolemycookie: In the scheme of things, it really doesnt matter all that much. Being a college student now myself, you realize that there are larger fish to fry in college and no one cares that I got a 6 on my biology HL exam… I mean what you got on your exams. Haha. I would say IB prepares you more to be a critical thinker, and AP prepares you more to study and pass with a lot of material shoved at you. Both of these types of courses exist in college, so either way. I wouldn’t stress about it too much. (:</p>