Non-Honors Visit

<p>A friend of my younger D will be visiting UA next month. She will not be in the Honors College (she was actually accepted into the Crimson EDGE program). She is signed up for the basic tour and info session, but I told her she should try to set up something more personalized. Since an honors visit is out, I suggested she contact the local recruiter to see if he could help set something up, but she said she’s e-mailed him in the past and not gotten a response (no surprise there - we had the same experience when my D was trying to set up a visit, just with a different recruiter). Who would a non-honors student contact if she wanted something beyond the basic bus tour?</p>

<p>It’s perfectly acceptable to contact professors and advisors directly about arranging meetings. All colleges have their own student ambassadors who do give tours, so it’d also be a good idea to contact her college of interest.</p>

<p>Regional recruiters often organize visits for students. The UA staff directory would have the phone number for her specific recruiter. [Campus</a> Directory - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>http://directory.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>Yes, she should contact her Regional Recruiter.</p>

<p>Definitely use the campus directory as SEA_tide links. Do not use the hyperlink on the recruiter’s page. We’ve learned that those don’t often get thru to the person.</p>

<p>The regional recruiters are all on Twitter, so that’s another way to initiate contact with your guy/gal!</p>

<p>I would contact the department of interest directly by phone as well. Ask if anyone in the department office can give you a personal tour of the department. If not, then ask if any students working in the department could meet you.</p>

<p>Also, check the athletic directory calendar and general calendar and take advantage of any events.</p>