NonGreek UA Experience

<p>My DD is a freshman and is very active in her sorority. However, she spends as just as much time in OTHER UA groups, and A LOT of time with her co-Ed dorm posse (rocky horror. Skating, tailgating, etc). </p>

<p>There are many, many ways to get involved…volunteering to aid a cause you believe in is often a great place to start…</p>

<p>Urge your kiddos to get out and support by joining a team the UA Dance Marathon March 1st … To Stand for Kids who can’t Stand for Themselves ( shameless plug…but a fun event for a great cause)</p>

<p>Ps…Tutwiller is typically a dorm for freshman girls who are going Greek. I would think it wouldn’t be a great choice otherwise.</p>

<p>My DD is in a sorority, but has had many other experiences that have provided other circles of friends. Last weekend, she was giving tours in the College of Education for Capstone Scholars Day and told several families that she has chosen to partake in only about 50% of what her sorority offers. The rest of her time is taken up with academics, obviously, but she also is on a club sport team that has weekly social events and workouts and has met several friends through her work as an ambassador. No one has mentioned “Get On Board Day” which is a chance to sign up for any of the 100s of clubs and organizations on campus (including the triathlon team!). I know a lot of the posters here also have kids who are very active in some of the church groups, so that’s another great option for many.</p>