Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Same here, my son got deferred as well from NJ. 1570 SAT, 5’s on all AP, Captain Crew team and several other activities

Congratulations to your daughter!

1 Like

Hard not to be emotional in this process. Just remember a deferral is just that - an acceptance may be 2 months away. Have her write LOCI and add any updates to application. Good luck!

2 Likes

wow, he is very good. I

Just quoting from thee NUBound web page:
“While enrolled in NU Bound, students who file for financial aid are considered for need-based Northeastern funding only. Grants, loans, and work awards from federal and state sources cannot be applied to the first year as NU Bound is a pre-matriculated pathway to Northeastern. Students who qualify can use these financial options beginning in their second year.”

1 Like

My DD was was option 2
2. Deferred – was open to NU.in/Bound (4.3w, 1520 SAT, great ECs, all honors/5APs (4 or 5))

Positives - She went for an in-person visit and multiple virtual info sessions/tours since 9th grade - first for another major and then for nursing BSN. So, more than reasonable demonstrated interest. Also positive for her, northeastern accepts 10-20 students from her high school every year.

I am guessing that one/both of the below negative factors played a role in her getting deferred.

The first negative factor -she was interested in only Nursing as a major. I heard that northeastern accepts very few students in their direct admit BSN program (about 70). So, huge competition!

Another negative factor is she applied to both - 1) merit scholarship (raise me) and 2) financial aid (she has a sibling who is a college sophomore).

My DD is similar to @Vicky2019, but she applied TO. Same with BSN and sophomore and junior siblings. Only slight difference is that said sophomore is at Northeastern. We could not convince her to apply ED as it wasn’t at the top of her list at that time. Three of the four students from her school (all-girl private day school with about 50 grads) were deferred including the one with the highest pure academic stats. The applicant will great academics, but more well-rounded was accepted.

1 Like

Thank you for the reassurance! I was a little hesitant but it’s nice to hear how others have benefitted from it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for shying this!

1 Like

Meant thank you for SAYING this!!

1 Like

I totally understand your frustration. I am an immigrant myself from one of the countries like you said where the college entrance is almost solely based on academic performance or solely on entrance test and kids are only allowed to apply to certain number of colleges. US is different. Personally, I would blame the system, probably not NEU. NEU is just a player trying to survive in this system. I said yesterday that NEU is still lacking true love. If those kids get offers from other top 20 schools, they will most likely dump NEU, and then who is going to deal with the aftermath? NEU, as a school, can’t just blame those kids and they have to find a way to protect itself. It is not a pleasant process for everybody, because everybody has to second-guess everybody else. Included in this second-guessing game are other factors/hooks. I don’t even want to name them all. It is a mess and a lot of “changes” that are happening right now are in the wrong direction in my opinion. It is the system that we have to live with sadly to say. Good luck to your kiddo and take care.

7 Likes

Jeste li iz Bosne?

Totally agree!

Is there anyone out there who’s been accepted as a nursing major yet? I’ve heard next to nothing about it; I got deferred and I wanted to compare myself to those who got accepted

S22 Deferred from MD (business: undeclared)
3.86UW/4.8W
35ACT
13 AP classes
4 yrs varsity athlete, 8 yrs orchestra outside of school, club treasurer, community service, multiple PT jobs

And taking in $7 million from almost 100k apps isn’t a bad strategy. They have turned the admissions office into a revenue generator for the school. It’s not in the best interest of anyone but the school though.

1 Like

My son got accepted as a nursing major, NU In.

GPA: 4.3 (W)
State Residency: MA
EC- Varsity Soccer (all 4 yrs; Captain -12th grd);
Varsity Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field (all 4 yrs; Captain -12th grd)
NHS, world language honor society, community service
UVA Jefferson Award
Strong essay
Both parents graduated from Northeastern

6 Likes

Does anyone know when NEU ED2 decision will be released? Thanks

if u r deferred, can u change status to apply ED2?

It looks like Northeastern isn’t taking any transfer students into nursing for this upcoming year so the program must be very full. May be taking very few first year applicants this year as well. From their website:
School of Nursing*
Please note, we will not be accepting external transfers to Nursing for the Fall 2022 semester. Please check back here for updates on the status of transfers to the program in future terms.

1 Like