Northeastern University 2019 EA

what time will admissions come out tomorrow if i’m from California?

@PengsPhils said in an earlier post: “they all come the same day starting around 3-5PM, geographically staggered in hour waves radiating out from Boston. Decisions are ready on the hour via the portal, emails are usually sent within 30 minutes, and mail versions take weeks to arrive usually.”

Today is the day!! Most likely that is. Good luck to everyone!!

Can someone let this thread know if Northeastern releases anything on Twitter? Thanks!!

In the past an announcement has been made on Twitter that decisions are out but is simultaneous with the release of the decisions. There is no advance notice.

Why does Northeastern want us to suffer?!

Reminder to everyone that while today is likely it is not guaranteed! It could easily be next week. We will know by 4-5PM EST today one way or the other. Good luck and hang in there everyone!

@tbrixton I was deferred from nova

@fran01 That is better news! Care to share your stats? My daughter’s are back at #266. Thx.

hopefully today is the day. good luck everyone! let’s hope everyone hears news they can be happy with :slight_smile:

is it true that the acceptance rate dropped to 19%?

@lzd1234 According to my naviance, the acceptance rate is 19% since 2018.

wow thats so low

right, my Naviance says 19% also. But from my school: In 2018 31 applied and 10 were accepted. In 2017 37 applied and 16 were accepted. In 2016 23 applied and 11 accepted.

Naviance would be a much better indicator than the National average. Our school has closer to a 30-40% acceptance rate.

Our HS has about a 50% acceptance rate, but very few actually matriculate.

I’m hoping for today!

I got a call from Northeastern last night saying that I was missing a couple documents needed to complete my financial aid package. Does that mean anything about my admission? I thought it sounded like it but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

How do I see how many people from my high school were accepted on naviance?

@catova - Click on Colleges I’m thinking about on the right. Then, on the left go down to College Research and click on Scattergrams. Search for Northeastern and then scroll down to the graph. Click on your the standardized test you took (SAT 1600 or ACT). You can see you you rank compared to other students from your school who got accepted. Right above the graph, you can see the last three years of data on number of applications, accepted, and attended.

I believe you can only see that if your school uses Naviance, however. If not, then Naviance won’t have any data to compare to. It’s hard to truly tell from Naviance though, because you of course can’t tell what majors people applied to.