Northeastern University 2019 EA

My school has a 70% acceptance rate. Hoping I won’t be the outlier!

Did anyone submit extra essays? I remember that Northeastern had a supplement but then took it away. Just wondering if anyone submitted the essay anyways as an extra document. I didn’t but I wanted to check if that’s a thing some people did or not to show extra interest.

there was a supplement about elaborating on an extracirrcular on the common app I did that and uploaded my resume

@torijeana got the same thing a few months ago and posted it here.

Here’s what I know:
Financial aid and admission application are separate
only merit awards come out with NU decision
people have gotten this email years prior and have gotten rejected (NU and other schools)

@torijeana I’m not sure about Northeastern, but I applied to Sarah Lawrence and I got accepted… I hadn’t sent in all of my finaid documents yet and still got accepted, but because of that my financial aid letter took a few weeks extra to come because they had to review it. It shouldn’t impact your acceptance.

@Cholo19 Need based aid will be announced with the admission decision if all paperwork was submitted by the priority deadline.

@texasflight123 Hmmm, it was there yesterday but not today… guessing they were entering results onto portals in preparation for announcements :slight_smile: Good Luck All!!

@torijeana I also got that email just an hour ago saying I need a parent asset clarification form before they can determine financial aid. I don’t understand because I already submitted all the required documents on the CollegeBoard IDOC website already, and it says so also. Maybe they just need more info? I hope it isn’t a mistake on my part.

@Azleah Call them for clarification.

@TomSrOfBoston do you think the recent influx of financial aid emails means that perhaps the decision date is not today but next week?

@TomSrOfBoston Do you think these last minute requests for financial aid info clarification are a sign that decisions won’t be released today or has this happened in past years too?

hmm I don’t have a link for the scattergrams. Under College Research I only have college resources. Maybe my school blocked it?

@catova try this, search the school and go to the admissions tab scroll down where it shows the scattergram. You can choose to compare SAT or ACT

Does anyone know the release dates of ea decisions for 2017,2016 and 2015??

That’s not reliable because EA used to be released by December 15th up until last year @2023baby

Do these financial aid notifications mean that decisions will probably not be released today? @TomSrOfBoston

financial and admissions are completely separate so I’m not sure if thats an indication

Why do I have a feeling that results won’t come out today ? Urgh ?

@lzd123 - Not so sure of the Chinese Wall between financial aid and admissions. Pretty certain that NEU is a need-aware school and that there is at least some communication between the two branches. On the other hand, I do not believe a hold up on the financial side necessarily impacts the admissions decision. You just may not receive your aid offer when you receive your decision.

Where would the decision pop up on the portal. Under messages or a new spot???