Northeastern University 2019 EA

it’s probably because they give your financial aid with your decision right? if you applied for it?

@bostonstudent1 UNC chapel hill is similar. Their deadline was October 15 and they still haven’t released EA.

@whovian26 couldn’t agree more.

Do you think that a lot of people are going to be wait listed since they have ED2 now?

I saw all these new messages on here and I thought it had come :((

@bostonstudent1 my guess is because they just have a ton more applications this year! the reason they stopped requiring the essay is because they want more students to apply there so their acceptance rate will go down, thus they will look more desirable.

Nothing in WA

@spoole16180 Northeastern has never had a required supplemental essay.

officially past 7pm (cst). guess it’s not tonight after all. ughhh. we will all be having this same convo next week. see ya then.

Yeah :confused: today was killing me with all the suspense based on the notification date last year but now it’s just back to “any time between now and February 1”. Ugh.

They had a supplement this year and then took it away half way through application season

Very interesting article from a few years’ back re: how Northeastern gamed the system to climb up the college ranks…

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2014/08/26/how-northeastern-gamed-the-college-rankings/

Haven’t heard back on my application status. Hmm… Would they come in tomorrow the 18th? I wish they would give a definitive answer, but whatevs. The waiting!!!

@wondering84 I actually wrote the activity essay and was going to proofread it a couple more times but then I went to NU preview day and they said they had removed it haha. I needed the same essay for some other schools though so it was alright.

Hi guys! I also applied EA to Northeastern. Did anyone else apply to Pharmacy?

Hi guys! I applied EA for psychology and criminal justice. I was just wondering my chances for getting in. I have a 3.47 now a 3.5 after first semester and a 30 ACT. I have 150 hours plus of volunteering hours, work at a job for 2+ years and was a manager there, was on the youth board at my temple/worked there too. I ran the communications aspect for a club at my school along. I have also played soccer since I was 6. I am nervous about decisions since I know my stats are under their average but northeastern is my top choice. Can people tell me my chance of getting in please!!!

@california01 I would say that your GPA and ACT are fairly low compared to the profiles of Northeastern’s previous classes. However, GPA and ACT isn’t everything that colleges look at, so if your essays and ECs are good, you should have a good chance.

I applied to pharmacy! Do you think it is any easier of harder to get into NU with this major?

I worked super hard on that essay so I just put it into my additional information :))

@projectmgr First one to dig up that old article this cycle! It is actually a positive article about Northeastern once you get past the clickbait headline. The biggest “game” they played was to get USNews to use the 6 year graduation metric instead of the 4 year metric. That allows for the still common 5 year program due to coop.