Northeastern University 2019 RD

Decision: Accepted (after EA deferral)
SAT: 1470
GPA: 3.85 (school doesn’t do UW/W)
School/Major: Business/Finance
Scholarship: Dean’s, 40k
State: Rhode Island
FA: Yes

@nbs1230 Generally no, it is not by major or college. I am hoping to look at the data from this year to see if there are any noticeable differences, but from a high level this hasn’t appeared to be significant.

@goosee

Yes

Woohoo! My son was Accepted!
SAT: 1590
GPA: 3.8 UW/4.38 W
PA
Mechanical Engineering and Physics
Yes, applied for Financial Aid
Awarded Dean’s Scholarship!!!

Decision: Denied
SAT: 1430
GPA: 4.0 UW / 4.6 W
State: MA
Major: Linguistics
Did you apply for FA? Yes

Congratulations to all those admitted!

what do you mean by need aware?

Waitlisted.
SAT: 1480
GPA: 3.9 UW/ 4.4 W
State: MA
Major: Environmental Science

I know! It seems like they got much more competitive, even more so than last year when their acceptance rate went down considerably.

Decision (and if deferred EA): Accepted RD
SAT/ACT (Superscore): SAT - 1190
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): 3.9 UW / 4.2 W
State/Country: International (Caribbean)
Major: Biology
Did you apply for FA?: No
Experience: Attended summer programs - lots of research experiments in biology - leadership stuff and more
@hannah1789

@prouddad2020 Northeastern meets full need for financial aid but they are need aware. This means that if a student has a high need they may not admit them.

Congrats !

ContiNUe here as well (deferred EA).

Decision: Accepted RD
SAT (Superscore): 1480
GPA: none/ IB classes with Physics, Math and Art HL
Major: Architecture
FA: No.
Scholarship: Achievement Award $10,000 + Creative Leaders Portfolio Scholarship $15,000

Decision: Accepted RD
SAT/ACT (Superscore): 1500
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): 3.79 UW / 4.05 W (my school doesn’t weigh on a 5.0 scale)
State/Country: PA
Major: Business Administration: Undeclared
Did you apply for FA?: Yes
Honors/NMF/etc?: Nope. Nothing extraordinary honestly. I’m kind of appalled at how many amazing applicants got waitlisted/rejected.

Got 14k Dean’s Scholarship.

more than 62,000 applicants and a class of 2,800 students…that’s about a 4.5% acceptance rate.

there must be other factors involved, but that is so much lower than what the rate was last year (19%)

@Linguafreund You are not allowing for yield. Northeastern admits about four times as many students because only about 25% actually enroll.

Anyone know when california is going to come out?

They accept many more than the 2800 available spots - so the admit rate will be higher than 4.5%. If they didnt - theyd be stuck when people turned down the offer

I am sooo excited my son is going to be a Husky! I have been so nervous! We love everything about Northeastern!

I forgot to mention that for ECs my son is very heavily involved in FIRST Robotics and is captain of the Drive team and the build team for his high school team, is an AP scholar, NHS, math and science tutor, spent a summer taking classes at Carnegie Mellon in Engineering and does SAT tutoring. I’m a very proud mamma!