Northeastern University 2021 EA

The email usually comes out a few minutes after the decision is posted.

1 Like

Decision: Accepted
SAT/ACT: Test Optional
GPA: 5.6 on a 6.0 scale
State/Country: MA
Major: Journalism
Did you apply for FA?: Yes

2 Likes

Ooooo! Got deferred hehe

When I was checking my portal i kept refreshing it and it would just reload the same unupdated page. When my decison was ready and i reloaded, it logged me out. That is probabably a good sign to watch for

1 Like

Deferred in IL
Test optional
GPA: 3.5uw 3.9w
7 APs, 10 honors, 1 dual enrollment
Lots of relevant ECs
Major: Journalism
Did you apply for FA? Yes
I also submitted a portfolio
No demonstrated interest at all, so I’m overall happy with the decision!

deferred :sob:
in the south
35 act
1540 sat
13 ap’s
4.0 UW 4.625 W
major: behavioral neuroscience
essay was about mother’s illness, my mental health and songwriting
4 lor
ec’s: founded music club, vp of hosa chapter in 10th grade and current vp of asian american student assocation, speech and debate (placed at states), classical dance & music for 12+ years, won 4th place at HOSA ILC, silver award in national french comp, solo at choral concert, student intern and ambassador in local breast cancer organization, started ig act related to sharing petitions regarding colorism and other social issues, been working 6 months at tutoring center, hospital volunteer at two local hospitals, ig account for originals and covers, nhs, math honors society, french honors society (cultural ambassador)
no demonstrated interest (i’m guessing this is what hurt my chances hahah)
didn’t apply for FA

Good to know. Yes, hard to tell how the virus will impact international travel and now they have experience managing the Boston program from this year.

2 Likes

Decision: deferred
SAT/ACT: 1580 SAT; 35 ACT
GPA: 4.82W / 3.98UW
State/Country: MD
Major: Biology
Good EC’s, mediocre essay
This kinda hurt but at least I got into UNC hehe

Decision: Admitted to N.U.in Program
SAT/ACT: 31
GPA: 4.17 (i think)
State/Country: IL
Major: International Affairs
im so excited, i was not expecting this!!

2 Likes

Deferred-FL

Everybody getting in with stats way lower than mine has my confidence at an all time low. I feel like someone must have sabotaged me! Though a lot of other people who got deferred have high stats like me so maybe they just want to protect their yield

1 Like

Deferred as well. Don’t have time to post stats as I will do it sometime later. Will I be allowed to submit a letter of continued interest?

1 Like

SAT: 1520
GPA: 4.11/4.33
Accepted to the Honor Program
Scholarship: 27,000 first year, 13,000-27,000 for the rest of the years depending on performance
Connecticut

3 Likes

Decision: Admitted to N.U.in Program
SAT/ACT: 32
GPA: 95/100
State/Country: NY
Major: International Affairs and Criminal Justice

2 Likes

got into NU IN
 in MD, what does that mean? is it the same acceptance rate or less selective?

Decision: Accepted with dean’s scholarship (14k freshman year + 7k per semester)!!
SAT/ACT: 34
GPA: 4.57 W / 3.87 UW
State/Country: IL
Major: Econ & Business Admin
I did a lot of leadership and volunteer work, which is why I think I got accepted. Good luck to everyone!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It showed on the portal about half an hour before the email arrived

I don’t know that statistic but my son was deferred before being accepted to NUin 2019.

ACCEPTED!!! from illinois for bioengineering!!

1 Like

LOCI should include a sort of “Why Northeastern?” essay. It should show that you are familiar with what Northeastern is all about e.g. experiential learning/coop, study abroad etc. It should not be a “Why Boston” essay.

2 Likes