Northeastern University 2021 EA

THere are no official numbers but it is pretty selective as well. Many students opt in for it on their application

My Daughter got in. She got into the Global Engagement Program
3.9 UW
32 ACT
Good ECs
Strong Essay

1 Like

I opted in to NU.in (told them I would actually prefer it) but was accepted to the Boston campus.

want to trade? hahaha

Decision: Accepted NU in
SAT/ACT: 1440
GPA: 3.90 UW
State: CA
Major: International Business - Finance

public school in norcal
deferred
submitted a 1460
3.98 UW, 4.16 W
pharmaceutical sciences major
no FA

Haha would totally go for that :smiley:

1 Like

can’t you still apply for NU in? or at least for another first sem abroad thing? i’m not really familiar with it

Accepted to NUIN
No SAT scores
4.5 GPA
Many ECs (Editor in Chief, Literary Magazine, Editor,newspaper, Conductor A Cappella)
Nursing
MD

1 Like

Yes, pretty sure you can. I know for sure a co-op or semester abroad can be arranged. I think with NU.in you’re either in or not though.

Go to virtual sessions, lots of them and email your admissions counselor a more relaxed introduction of yourself and how you think you might fit in at Northeastern

1 Like

It seems like it would be a better program if we weren’t still in a pandemic! They don’t have the locations for Fall 2020 even listed yet – how could they – we are still dealing with travel restrictions. Not a great time to start your college career abroad, IMHO.

Accepted to Bouvé Health Sciences in the Honors program. 4.4 GPA (weighted) and test optional. Dance focus extracurriculars and community service. Focus in intern hours in PT.

1 Like

Do you guys have any idea why I got deferred?

W GPA) Around a 4.6 (my UC capped GPA was like a 4.33(?) )

UW GPA) 3.94 (2 B’s throughout HS)

I will have taken 10 AP tests by the end of high school, and I have received mostly 5s and a couple 4s so far

AP Art History

AP Spanish Language

AP Psychology

APUSH

AP English Lang

AP Bio

APES

AP US Gov

AP English Lit

AP Stats

I have also taken 16 credits at local community colleges (a couple were dual enrollment but most were separated from any high school credit, and schools have received my transcripts for these classes. These classes include ones like journalism, child development, tutor training, poly sci, criminal justice, etc (stuff that helped me with my extracurriculars.) I mentioned these classes and exactly why I took them in the activities section

Awards:

Seal of Biliteracy for Spanish

AP Scholar with Distinction

I have my WE Service capstone award for a year long service project and research paper

CSF Active Member (lol)

Presidential Volunteer Service Award

Some extracurriculars (I’m too lazy to explain them:)

-President of my city’s library teen council (consists of 35 libraries) this year and member for three years

-Chapter president for a STEM NPO (I write for the current events page every week and have planned some international special events.) Over 900 volunteers.

-Social science tutor 5x a week for another nonprofit org (I also teach weekly philosophy and American History group classes on there)

-I have my own curriculum business with 75+ clients and 15 international volunteers

-I have my own philosophy podcast series on anchor and spotify

-I was a library beautifier and summer reading program ambassador

-I tutored low-income children on their reading comprehension skills

-I am on the student advisory board for an app (it is pretty well known but I don’t wanna name drop it because then people will know who I am lol.) I also run important social groups on the app

-I am one of the founders of the No Place for Hate club sector at my school with my principal, bio teacher, and counselors(a part of the anti-defamatory league.) We are a student driven teacher ran club. Last year, I led all of our programs but now I write about us for my community newsletter. I go to schools and student groups and explain our premise.

-Community college classes is another EC I mentioned

-I did student senate (a sector of ASB at my school.) planned all events like homecoming and prom and football games

I have three letters of rec. One from the bio teacher I started the NPFH movement with, one from my English teacher I did my year long service project with and had for two years, and the last one from the founder of the App I work with. All were likely strong.

you probably didn’t show enough demonstrated interest, like a lot of high stat applicants that got deferred

1 Like

ah I see

Decision: Accepted University Honors Program w Honors Scholarship (30k/yr)

SAT/ACT: 1540 (760 verbal 780 math)

GPA: 4.0UW / 4.81W

State/Country: MD

Major: Computer Science

Did you apply for FA: yes

1 Like

Decision: NUin with/ Dean’s scholarship
ACT: 33
GPA: 3.7uw/4.09w
State: California
Major: Health Science
FA: Yes

2 Likes

Decision: Accepted with Dean’s Scholarship
SAT/ACT: none
GPA: 4.0UW/ 4.5W
State/Country: MD
Major: Econ/Phil
Did you apply for FA?: yes and received a sizeable grant which put the cost at pretty much the result of the net price calculator

Or it could be that the school tries to balance majors and/or geography of students and diversity. I wouldn’t say it necessarily is due to a lack of demonstrated interest. And your stats are awesome! Judging from the stats posted, it just seems like NU gets an overwhelmingly high achieving bunch, and it is just a numbers game. Too many amazing kids, too few slots.

3 Likes