Northeastern University 2021 EA

Does anyone know if Northeastern does any kind of rolling admissions or will they not accept anyone for RD until the decision date

Actually it wasn’t you. But it is interesting that you would think it was.

1 Like

@EmsSitLC We are in same situation and my D is a legacy prospect. She has tons of leadership excellent stats and yet the most unlikely kids at her school were accepted in EA with zero leadership, athletics and definitely not in the top 10%. I am assuming they are full pay. We are a small community and we know all the kids. Life is not always fair and admission remains a mystery! Good luck to all!

Wait, people have a higher chance if they say no to financial aid? I didn’t know that mattered to northeastern.

Northeastern is need aware. But if you say no to financial aid you would need to be able to pay $75,000 at least for freshman year.

i got admitted into the NUin program and in the decision letter it said that there were a few options. does that mean that i could potentially just start school on the campus or do i have to go abroad the first semester?

The options for this year are: (i) stay home and go virtual, (ii) do something in Boston (but not on campus), or (iii) go abroad with options subject to pandemic coming out in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

This past fall NU In students were in Boston and lived at one of the Copley Place hotels. They took classes as a cohort but not mixed with fall Boston admits. It was a last minute arrangement due to COVID which unfortunately may not be completely resolved by this coming fall.

I agree with @TomSrOfBoston that NEU does not consider legacy much, but they did start this ContiNUe program in 2019 admissions for students with legacy, but I don’t think you apply for it or legacy members can have any sway. Not even sure if they continued this program last year or not. This seems like it was a special program where you take your first year through College of Professional Studies and are not officially enrolled until Sophomore year.

https://www.northeastern.edu/admissions/academics/specialized-entry/continue/

If we were accepted EA but not admitted into the honors program, could they possibly admit us to the honors program later on? Say that, in comparison to the RD pool, some EA admits had better stats and applications to fill the remaining honors spots. I know you can apply for the honors program in future semesters once enrolled, but you have to fill out a form, get a teacher rec, etc.

Earlier in this thread someone posted a link to the NUIn Boston program with a course list etc. I cannot find it here now but if I remember correctly the program focuses, in part, on learning about the history and culture of Boston.

Did anyone get offered a place in the Global Engagement Program (GEP)? Does anyone know more about it?

3 Likes

It was in another thread:
Microsoft Word - NUin Course Descriptions_ 2019_ May 1_ BF.docx (northeastern.edu)

1 Like

The one I recalled seeing was different - just Nu in Boston. It listed the courses in Boston culture and history. I’ll try to find it.

Is this program selective?

https://www.northeastern.edu/geo/global-engagement-program/

I couldn’t find the post, but I was able to find the document it linked online. It shows the 2020 NU.in Boston courses for business students, including the options for the Boston culture courses.

I also found similar NU.in Boston curriculum sheets for each school online, but this one for the business school gives you the general idea. Not sure how much things will change for 2021.

Decision: Accepted EA with deans scholarship (12,000/year)
Human services
State: Alabama
Did not submit ACT scores
GPA: 3.9 UW, 4.31 W
6 APs, 11 Honors classes (private school; honors are the highest level of classes offered, no option for IB, dual enrollment,etc)
Apply FA: Yes, received option for 5,000/year optional unsubsidized direct loan
ECs: VP of student advocacy group, Varsity sport team captain, Treasurer of cultural club, NHS, job, scholars bowl jv/varsity team captain

1 Like

Is the link they just sent out to claim our MyNortheastern account not working for anyone else? It brings me directly to the “Duo” page and says access is not allowed because I’m not enrolled, without giving me the option to enroll.

1 Like

same thing is happening for me

1 Like