Northeastern University 2021 EA

I just emailed their help account so I guess we’ll see what they say!

please let us know what they say! i think everyone’s having the same problem.

1 Like

They told me to call them so I guess I’ll do that? It seems like a problem with the link they sent out though so I don’t know how much that’ll help. I’ll let you know if they’re able to do something!

Here’s the message we received when emailing about being unable to access the link:

“We apologize for the inconvenience. We sent out claim emails, but our system is still processing your DUO account. Please try again after 5PM. If you’re unable to claim your account by tomorrow, please let me know the following:

NUID:
Phone number (Including Country Code):”

1 Like

Yeah I got something similar from calling them - they said it can take up to 24 hours for the accounts to process so I guess we just wait for now?

Lol so confusing

They replied to me to try again later tonight or tomorrow

if deferred applicants are writing a LOCI, abt how long should it be?

I am not an expert and have no idea what works, but I would think 3 paragraphs totaling about 2/3 page. Better that is punchy and read, rather than long-winded and ignored!

Paragraph 1: who you are, why you are writing, update your application by adding new information, like your fall grades, recent award, new extracurricular etc. End the paragraph by saying in the most honest way possible that the school is your top choice or something that reflects your sincere interest in the school

Paragraph 2: Maybe find a new reason why the institution is compelling to you. That you recently found a program at the school or a professor and how it ties into what you want to do at the school. Another opportunity to demonstrate interest with specifics.

Paragraph 3: Summary and thank you for the consideration. A short, 2-3 sentences to wrap up.

People who know better, please advise because this is the formula my daughter has been using!

2 Likes

Hello! I was wondering for the people that have submitted a LOCI…did you email it to your admissions reps or did you upload it to your portal?

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I just “claimed” my account. It works now.

Has it let you log in to the MyNortheastern portal yet?

Yes. It works now.

1 Like

I emailed my counselor asking about this and if it was possible and haven’t gotten and answer. Lmk what happens if you try to ask too !

Just got in, anybody knows how to activate myNortheastern web portal? I didn’t find any instructions.

Congrats! Daughter got in last week and just received her portal info today so give it to next week. There were some issues with accessing today and some people, including us, still have not been able to so once you do get the portal email info it still may take awhile. Congrats again!

Ok, thank u

They also had Dublin this past fall in addition to Boston. That will be my guess, Boston & Dublin at a minimum.

1 Like

Does anyone know much about the honors program? how prestigious it is, what the benefits are, etc?

2 Likes

There is a lot of misconception about the Global Program. They have a very limited number of spots and only accept those that they believe will excel as freshman so far away. It is an amazing program. If you selected you were interested in the program on your application, they weighed you against every other accepted applicant for you potential success rate and believe you to be a strong candidate. Be proud.