Northeastern University 2021 EA

who said that

if its today it probably wont be right away give it like 5 more min

yeah i’m just gonna check on the hour during that time frame

I got in !!! (Just kidding, nothing)

1 Like

this is fustrating. I think it will be Wednesday.

1 Like

Momforjesus lied? Can she change her name? Momnotfollowjesus?

7 Likes

now it makes me log in 2 times. it was 1 5 min ago
■■■?

same now it makes me log in twice even tho it was once yesterday

guys its obviously not today. So why don’t you all just take a breather and relax.

1 Like

A couple years ago someone made a thread here saying how awful Northeastern was and urging students not to apply. Suspicious, I looked at her posting history. It turns out that Northeastern had been her top choice right up until the moment she was denied.

5 Likes

Does anyone know or have any good theories/reasons why Northeastern is ranked 49 now on the US News ranking list? I think it’s extremely rare to be near the 50’s when the school has an acceptance rate of like 20%. Schools that have acceptance rates in the 30s/40s are ranked higher than them. Just wondering why they dropped so much in recent years.

Can someone just confirm if its today or not?!

i dont think it’s today

2 Likes

i dont think it’s today too. It will certainly be next wednesday ;(

3 Likes

USNews no longer uses the acceptance rate in rankings. Even when it was used it was weighted at a mere 1.5% of the total. USNews has changed their methodology in the past few years giving greater weight to factors like % of Pell grant recipients in each class.

If you look at the rankings there are many ties. There are 5 schools ranked 42, 2 schools ranked 47 and 4 schools ranked 49. Very small changes in points can cause a big drop, or rise in rankings.

3 Likes

do u think decisions will come out at 7pm?

7:00 or 7:30 maybe, but probably not

Thanks for that explanation. Some people say the fact that many NU kids don’t graduate in four years because of co-ops affects the rankings, but I would assume that has been a constant?

1 Like

My Son, YES UMiami, Richmond, Villanova, Charleston (already heard UMass & ELON :+1:). Plus 4 RDs. Long way to go! Hes taking it all in stride! LOL. Im following all of you kids by the minute. :slight_smile: All i remember is my D applied NU RD in 2018. There were 68,000 applicants that year. She heard on March 18 in the evening, but dont recall time.

1 Like

That was a troII. Both users were in fact the same person and not a parent. Some kid tried to mess it up for the rest of you. Forget about them.

3 Likes