Northeastern University 2021 EA

pharmacy here as well!

1 Like

we have the same stats except im from new york!!

That’s great! I’m confident we have a good shot with those stats, but NE is a school that puts heavy emphasis on EC’s over Test scores and GPA. Keep in mind that all schools do GPA differently, so your really only competing with people from your school or locality!

my test score is super weak compared to what they publish as their median act score but on youtube i’ve seen people with the same scores as mine who got in so im confused

1 Like

So you decided to submit over going test optional?

yeah idk why

I think NEU takes a very holistic approach so I don’t think one test score will be at your disadvantage

1 Like

Does going test optional hurt my application?

I applied to bio and poly sci major.

Test optional, 4.5 10-11 weighted GPA (4.6 weighted 10-12) and 3.92 UW. 10 APs throughout high school with mostly 5s and a couple 4s and top 10% of grade.

-President of city’s teen council,
-founded my own international curriculum service,
-chapter president of an international STEM NPO and freelance writer
-tutor and interview for organization,
-student government and ASB,
-started city-wide anti bullying initiative with principal and teachers and ASB member
-Only teen writer for my city’s newspaper
-Have my own podcast series on Spotify and anchor
-Have 16 community college credits in subjects I am interested in (not connected to high school)
-Student Advisory Board and Intern for very popular student app

I have awards like Presidential Volunteer Service Award, Seal of Biliteracy, AP WE Service Capstone for year-long research paper and service project, CSF, AP Scholar with Distinction

My app honestly sucked in terms of rhetoric. What do you guys think? :confused: Im OOS

Its probably fine. You could have made up for it with good ECs and a decent GPA I’m sure.

Great ECs! I founded an LLC too!

1 Like

Journalism major! I feel like I haven’t seen many. Fingers crossed we find out today : )

2 Likes

Beautiful! In that process rn

1 Like

Is this true? I’m pretty sure their business and engineering schools aren’t top 10. Are you talking about specific programs within business and stem?

1 Like

As long as your in top 10% we should be fine right?

Guarantee you’ll get accepted, great job!

My application was rather rough, hopefully you’re right. Northeastern is an amazing school

Most acceptances are in the top 10% of class but you never know. We have the same stats but I’m not in the top 10% of my class, I’m in the top 20%.

What time do we think today?

Decision: Applying Ea
SAT/ACT: 34 ACT
GPA: 3.86 UW, 4.02 W
State/Country: LI, NY
Major: Health Science and Psychology
Did you apply for FA?: No!

Good luck guys <3 you are all sooooo talented and smart!!

1 Like