Northeastern University 2021 EA

What all do you recommend that deferred students do? I don’t know what else to besides tour or send a letter.

2 Likes

Accepted - Dean’s Scholarship
NY - LI
4.109 - all AP’s and honors
Computer Science, Music Composition and Technology
FA: No

4 Likes

In normal times, yes, NUIN goes abroad first semester. This year, most students stayed in Boston. Not sure what will happen this fall. You cannot change this decision.

My son was deferred EA and accepted RD with Dean’s Scholarship. He is a very happy NU freshman.

4 Likes

How much of a factor do y’all think demonstrated interest played? I think I’m pretty qualified for Northeastern (4.5W, 35 ACT, all honors classes and great ECs), though I showed basically no interest and got deferred. I did just send a letter of continued interest, though.

nothing from california yet

Did you take any AP classes?

also california, no change

when is the last possible time people think decisions will come out? i’m an international student from hong kong, nothing yet

For those accepted, do y’all know when we’ll get out mynortheastern portal info?

Yes. I took every AP offered at my school plus one online.

D got accepted. Test optional.

4 Likes

Likely larger than usual if they admitted 50% of their class through ED. It may just be “yield protection” though, but I am not positive.

for those who heard back, do you get an email or did you just check your portal?

Soon after you commit by submitting your enrollment deposit!

Just now?

why would they accept me into the abroad program instead of deferring me?

1 Like

Decision: accepted
SAT/ACT: 1370
GPA: 18/20
State/Country: FRANCE (international)
Major: Business
Did you apply for FA?: No
Congrats to everyone !!!

5 Likes

Some students get assigned to NUin even if they didn’t say they were interested on the application.

did you get an email or just check your portal?