Northeastern University 2021 EA

Northeastern tracks interest heavily. They are very into yield protection.

2 Likes

me on the west coast still like pls come out

2 Likes

haha sameeee

checked portal

Iā€™m NC and still havenā€™t heard anything

3 Likes

same

i just want to know so i can stop freaking out

4 Likes

im in DC and no decision here yet either

3 Likes

no MD decision. maybe 9? who knows at this point

for the people who are posting their stats right now ā€¦ did you just hear ?

For everyone dissatisfied about their NUin acceptance (abroad program), I spoke to a Northeastern Junior who was accepted into the school and did not opt in on the Common App for the NUin program and he said it is one of his biggest regrets. He told me the kids that go on the trip build a strong bond and have tons of fun and that he wish he had gone. Do not rule out Northeastern just because you got NUin, many kids find that it is the best choice they made to go on the trip.

10 Likes

decision: deferred
SAT: 1360 (didnā€™t send)
GPA: 94 UW (school doesnā€™t weight)
State: NY
Major: international relations

I took 10 APs, 3 IBs and 1 Honors class.
Good ECs: varsity sport, volunteer work, study abroad, clubs

Tbh I was expecting to get deferred but still a little let downā€¦ are they rejecting anyone though?

1 Like

Hey guys, I need some advice. I was accepted to NU with a scholarship of 16k but Iā€™m not sure if I should appeal since I got no need-based aid. I showed demonstrated interest by writing an entire supplement for NU and attending various information sessions. Iā€™m a National Merit Semifinalist but I didnā€™t designate NU as my first choice yet, so is that why I missed out on a higher scholarship? They state that they offer a competitive merit award for NMF which Iā€™ve heard is 30k or so, and I was expecting thatā€¦

SAT/ACT: 1520
GPA: 3.95 UW, 4.5 W
Major: Business Administration & Data Science
APs: 9 with 4s or 5s on all

from what i know, that award is stated to be UP TO 30k and some people have gotten as little as 5k

Wow everyone I know including myself got deferredā€¦ What is going on

2 Likes

Yes, nothing wrong with appealing, the worst that happens is your denied.

do they release decisions on the hour ?

2 Likes

You can still get the scholarship. Just change you NMF first choice designation, and they will send you an updated scholarship when NMF results come out.

Any other regions now receiving decisions since its 9pm?

3 Likes

Deferred- VA

1 Like