Northeastern University 2021 RD

does anyone know why I was accepted into the N.U.in program when I said I preferred not to be in it. My stats are pretty good, do you think they didn’t have enough room in the regular acceptance

SAT: 1500
GPA: 3.8 uw 4.5 w

They need lower numbers on campus in the fall due to covid so they have students that they want but can’t have everyone on campus in fall.

Can we appeal decisions? Does NEU allow that?

It happens. Hard to say why. I believe that NUin encompasses students from every school. Then, these students transition back into their programs on campus while other students from their programs go out on co-op. A lot of moving pieces as students at Northeastern are always flowing on and off campus.

Seems like they didn’t have room in their accepted pool, so they offered you NUin because you are highly qualified. It happens. Worst case, you turn it down, and they offer someone else your spot.

Whats the major ? Guess if its CS may be full already

And it doesn’t mean you’re less qualified. They still want you but they split how many got to go on campus in fall. It will be no different than if you didn’t do NU in you just do one semester in a different place.

There’s nothing wrong w/ NUin program. You can stay in Boston if you don’t want to study abroad (they give us the option now).

I majored environmental engineering

Probably not. I wouldn’t recommend. You’ll end up somewhere you love and it might hurt rn but you’ll look back and love where you end up. :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m from North Carolina and still hasn’t received my letter yet

1 Like

Dang lot of people got rejected/waitlisted. I’m nervous now.

Thanks! I was just thinking that it wouldn’t hurt— what are they gonna do? Reject me again? Lol

1 Like

I got waitlisted. I’m not too bummed since I was expecting a fat rejection lol and it wasn’t my first choice either.

1 Like

I don’t know why northeastern has such a low acceptance rate.

Decision (and if deferred): Waitlisted
SAT/ACT: TO
GPA: 99.762
State/Country: NY
Major: Neuroscience
Did you apply for FA? Yes
IB Diploma candidate

I mean the school is great but there are greater school that has high acceptance rate. Speaking in terms of US ranking

It’s cuz loads of people are applying to top tier schools because people can hide their bad test scores whereas in prior years, the test scores would weed out a bunch of people

4 Likes

Oh okay

I got in omg!
I applied for Biology and Political Science btw

5 Likes