Northeastern University 2021 RD

My financial aid said a document didn’t process but it has been submitted for months. Help! What can I do? I didn’t get any financial aid info because of this missing document I thought had been submitted. ;-(

i got waitlisted… gpa: 3.73 uw 4.4 w rank: top 5% tons of ECs great essay tons of leadership kind of disappointed. What are my chance of getting off of NEU’s waitlist? how does their waitlist work?

1 Like

Really ? so you are part of regular CS Program and get regular North eastern degree ?

Letter says this

No matter which path you choose for your first semester in the program, you will have an opportunity to discover a
unique cohort of peers launching their college journey in the most impactful way possible. The path you take will prepare
you for a deeper academic experience when you continue your studies in the spring in Computer Science and Economics in the
Khoury College of Computer Sciences on Northeastern’s Boston campus.

1 Like

respectfully, shut up

13 Likes

Yeah feels really weird to be waitlisted in a sea of green checks. Such an awful year for college decisions :confused:

2 Likes

My S21 was the one with the crazy “glitch” on his portal last week and he just got in officially.

Deferred EA
Wrote a nice LOCI

Accepted to College of Engineering - Honors Program - $27,000 per year scholarship.

To all the high stats kids who look at this next year who get deferred…hang in there…

He had a 1580 SAT, 4.0 uw, some great regional awards, hundreds of hours community svc, top of his class.

We were surprised by the initial deferral. In the end it paid off to be patient.

9 Likes

Contact the financial office and let them know.

Yes, really. The NUIn cohorts become very close and the remain close friends even when they return to Boston.

You are a regular student once you return to Boston, register for classes like everyone else, go on co-ops like everyone else!

Got in test-optional :slight_smile:

11 Likes

You study where/how you choose for the first semester then you transfer back to the Boston campus for the rest of your time. You graduate with a NEU degree.

This might provide some additional info.

https://nuin.northeastern.edu/what-is-nuin/faqs/

What’s yield protection?

It’s when schools waitlist/reject overqualified applicants because they assume they will attend a “better” school.

1 Like

Contact FA immediately and find out what’s missing.

Or there were too many of you

1 Like

Or they thought you weren’t interested enough. That’s a big one with some schools.

3 Likes

how tf are we supposed to convey how ‘interesting’ we are with NO SUPPLEMENTALS.

4 Likes

Helpful! Crazy year. Waitlisted too

Or they’re practicing yield protection because you’re a bit overqualified.

midwest better come out soon, i’m reallyyy stressing even though i don’t really think i have a chance haha

Attending virtual activities such as webinars, virtual tours, that stuff. Like demonstrated interest