Northeastern University 2021 RD

website says you don’t take regular freshman classes…you take classes with other NUin kids only. Live off campus.

i was accepted to NUin and my stats were lower but I looked at my application and I had indicated that I wanted to be reviewed for it so that is probably why

1 Like

Here in the Midwest still waiting… it’s almost worse when you know the decision is coming out, but at the same time you don’t.

1 Like

It’ll probably be out for you in 15

1 Like

haha me too! i just keep on refreshing my portal and i have to go to work in like 5 minutes so i won’t know for such a long time

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

I hope you can open it soon!

1 Like

Find a way to spill something on yourself in the first 10 minutes then go to the bathroom and check

3 Likes

does anybody know the acceptance rate for this year? i just got in and i’m honestly shocked because i didn’t do any of the optional portfolios/essays (music industry major).

smart! i’m going to try and sneak a couple glances

1 Like

Congrats everyone!! I’m so excited for you all, and seeing all these positive messages makes me so happy (it’s like I’m reliving the EA release). You all deserve it!

2 Likes

prolly lower than most years bc covid and test optional so more people apply but I don’t know the exact number sorry!

1 Like

Northeastern has about ~3,000 seats and this year 75K applied.

NUIn was developed as a spring entry program to stagger enrollment and meet the demand. NU is an expert in staggering their enrollment because of co-ops too - one half of the students go onto co-op in the Spring cycle (Jan-June) and other half leaves to co-op in the Fall cycle (July-December).

Its very complex, but they have a system and it works.

Edited to add: in 2019, Northeastern published that the average SAT of NUIn students “exceeds 1400.” Still in the 97tile of scores that year.

3 Likes

I did! when do you think we will get our decisions

Deferred EA
Accepted RD
(Also accepted into honors college)
Scholarship: $30,000/year
No LOCI

State: NJ
GPA: 3.91/4.00, 4.99/5.3
SAT: 1550 (superscore)
SAT II Chemistry: 800
SAT II Math 2: 800
Class Rank: not reported but valedictorian has 5.08/5.3
Major: Chemistry
National Merit Scholarship Finalist
ECs: strong w/ leadership positions, lots of volunteering as an EMT in rescue squad since October 2019

1 Like

Happened to me too!

Accepted to NU Bound program. Anyone else going to London?

If waitlisted are we still eligible for merit scholarships? Or is that out of the picture even if accepted off waitlist

1 Like

london gang!

Deferred EA. Rejected. No LOCI
State: Texas
Sat: 1430
GPA: 4.4/5
Class Rank: 33/518
Political Science
EC’s: Solid, multiple leadership, regional awards, 500+ hrs service
Showed interest early attending virtual fly-in program

sad but its okay, I was expecting it :slight_smile:

1 Like