Northeastern University 2021 RD

maybe your app was too good

Got into NUin after being deferred. Not sure how to feel about it though

i got into albany, waitlist for northeastern, and iā€™m waiting for stony, bing and BU too!

2 Likes

so 6:45 eastern time I believe or it is released in waves?

36 ACT, international published research, started the first student united way chapter in Massachusetts, top 10% in a very competitive school, rejected. lol.

4 Likes

Definitely yield protection here.

Congrats on your amazing accomplishments, great things are in store for you!

5 Likes

I just read this.

N.U.in Boston students will not be housed in the freshman residence halls in the heart of campus, but rather in properties ā€œwithin walking distance to Northeastern or accessible by public transportation and bike sharing, with average commute times of approximately 15-25 minutes.ā€ They will be housed with other N.U.in students in pre-furnished rooms.

not me reloading the portal every minute XD

1 Like

thanks i hope so!

Did you submit a letter of continued interest? Sorry if I keep asking the same question. Just wanting to know if I even have a chance.

Daughter was waitlisted

SAT: 1530 (600 on math) not super score
GPA: 3.9 Unweighted/4.3 weighted
Class rank: 10 out of 130
State: Connecticut
Major: engineering/pre-med

Other:
3 college courses through her high school
5 AP classes
Numerous academic awards
4 year varsity athlete/captain
National Honor Society/officer
Several other clubs and volunteer activities both in and out of school

Disappointing considering she was accepted with merit scholarships to other higher ranked school but happy she has great options

2 Likes

Got into Albany honors, rejected at northeastern, and waiting for BU!!

I didnā€™t

Ok bet because I didnā€™t too. That gets me happy ishh

Good luck with BU!

1 Like

Thank you! Really hoping to get in since I didnā€™t get into northeastern. I love Boston

1 Like

My son also applied to BU.

For us, itā€™s the opposite! Weā€™re in the Midwest and weā€™re aware of Purdueā€™s solid reputation. My teen applied to NU for a lark because it checked the boxes but we hadnā€™t heard about it before! So, it took a leap of faith and many kind peopleā€™s advice here on CC to wrap our head around NU.

When you visit both, and you sit on it for a few weeks, Iā€™m sure the right decision will come to you!

1 Like

Nice

Iā€™m hoping to get into NUin because spending a semester abroad sounds like so much fun but does NEU put people in this program who have stats that arenā€™t good enough for regular admissions? Iā€™m just confused because a lot of people sound disappointed that they got into NUin instead of NEU directly