Northeastern University 2021 RD

No in Buffalo NY

Accepted, PA

4 Likes

Anyone know waitlist acceptance rate?

1 Like

Son was deferred EA, accepted RD, 20K per year Deanā€™s scholarship. in NYC.

3 Likes

My brother was accepted after being deferred EA!!!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

does anyone know what time decisions are out for texas?

See first post

Got denied after being deferred EA, but I got a likely from Cornell soā€¦ oh wellā€¦

3 Likes

STATS:
Deferred then Accepted NUin!!! I am so beyond excited!!!
State: NJ
GPA: 4.5 out of a 5.0
Test Scores: Didnā€™t Submit (I had a 1200)
Great extracurriculars
I applied for FA
Essay focused on a obstacle (wonā€™t go into specifics) that I had to overcome and abilities that I gained from overcoming the obstacle

3 Likes

Deferred and then admitted to NUin program although I said on app I wouldnā€™t consider NUinā€¦? Did that happen to anyone else?

1 Like

What is NUin?

Itā€™s a program where kids go abroad their first semester and then start on campus second semester. There are about 10 locations ranging from Canada to the EU to UK to Australia.

Did anyone get from EA get in and did not submit a letter of continued interest?

It is the first time I have heard someone gets into top college with TO.

It happens. Theyā€™re giving you the opportunity to go to NEU through a slightly different route.

Donā€™t be rude. Yeah itā€™s not the best score but you donā€™t know if they have test anxiety. If they got in then they did something to deserve it. Not every part of your application has to be perfect.

10 Likes

Iā€™m so happy for you!

For real. You can say whatever you want but I worked hard and I am proud.
I also submitted a LOCI after getting deferred, an updated resume, and continued to show my interest. I also spoke with my admissions counselor to tell him I was interested in NUin after I had chosen not to be considered on my common app.
I didnā€™t submit my test scores so nobody would have ever saw my 1200.
I had a very good GPA with good course rigor. Iā€™m not an SAT/ACT person.
I also had great extracurriculars. Iā€™m more than just a test score.

15 Likes

I disagree.

1. standard test was part of a ā€œgameā€, lot of high stat applicants got deferred or rejected. Not because of bad luck.
  2. the students might have gotten 1400, 1500 if he/she could attempt more tests.
  3. TO applicant must also show the stronger side from other area in holistic review
1 Like