Northeastern University 2021 RD

If I was waitlisted that means the committee voted on me right? I probably had a hole in my application.

And you slayed it!!! CONGRATS!!!

2 Likes

Yikes I didnā€™t even submit a LOCI because i know im going to be rejected.

Not necessarily. It means they have a lot of qualified applicants and usually itā€™s people who have similar applications and there could be one difference and one peg they need to fill and they ended up picking someone else but they still believe you are qualified.

Crazy how competitive NEU has gotten for literally no reason bruh. Not me applying to ivys and not even getting into northeasternā€¦

4 Likes

A bunch of kids got into Wharton ED without test scores.

2 Likes

You might have been waitlisted for yield protection reasons. They might think you have a better shot at a more prestigious school and donā€™t want their yield to go down

3 Likes

Test scores are a joke and colleges are realizing that so thatā€™s why so many of them are no longer requiring them for good. SAT/ACT scores mean nothing.

3 Likes

i got a 1580 and got rejected so yeah you can throw test scores in the trash especially this year

6 Likes

are u being serious right now? donā€™t diminish the accomplishments of others. go ahead and log off, please.
@classof2025gal bestie Iā€™m so proud of u! congrats <3 lol

9 Likes

I got rejected :sneezing_face:

Test scores donā€™t level out the playing field bc it costs money to take the test and some people have the money to take it a bunch of times and some people have money for test prep but a lot of people donā€™t have the money to take it more than once and taking it once is a stretch for them.

3 Likes

My DS just got accepted into NUin Comp Science + Economics
No Scholarship

GAP 3.7
Test Optional
Tons of ECā€™s + Great essay

How is Nuin vs Purdue CS ? is it worth it
How does Nuin works versus direct NEU admission

1 Like

Any idea when Midwest decisions will be out?

They donā€™t necessarily mean nothing, but past a certain point there is no point of distinguishing between one them. past like a 1450, scores are extremely variable and are similar. But, a 1200 is VERY different than like a 1500.

3 Likes

Anyone knowing when east coast decisions (specifically MD) comes out?

The first post is about all we know. But weā€™ll keep everyone posted if anyone hears more!

Omg thank you so much!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Alright, now itā€™s funny that itā€™s ok to bash people with high SAT score. :joy:

2 Likes

Also I got for Biological Sciences on a Pre-Med track. Iā€™m not the smartest but I do have a lot of drive. I am so excited. Thankfully I can pick to stay in Boston if COVID doesnā€™t get better or I can go to ITALY!!!

4 Likes