Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

There was portal astrology (not an erroneous email) with my daughter in 2020. I was upfront with her as it (accurately) predicted a deferral for my daughter. I don’t know if telling her ahead of time helped her — I think it did, though she was still really upset — but it certainly helped me respond well when the portal was updated.

Instead of showing any disappointment or having a knee-jerk negative reaction towards the school, I was better able to help her lick her wounds, understand institutional priorities, and refocus on her other schools and writing a LOCI.

She was ultimately accepted and now attends the school in question. She is so happy to be there.

It would be harder to not be negative about the school given these circumstances, but IT, PR, and even administration don’t have the biggest impact on a student’s happiness at a school.

2 Likes

DS was accepted! He received the email this morning too.
NEU in, would transfer to Boston Campus in the spring. Letter said he would find out in February where he would spend the 1st semester globally. He preferred NEU In, so he’s excited!
Applied to business school for accounting
3.9 unweighted/4.6 weighted
33 ACT - submitted
Approx 10 AP’s - all 4’s/5’s
Lots of leadership experience, work experience, EC’s, National recognition for constitutional debate, started a “get out the vote” drive on high school campus

Good luck to all!

4 Likes

Yep that’s perfectly normal u aren’t officially ur major I think until u get back from nuin just the college that ur in

Good point. Thank you for your perspective

Decisions are being released in waves per NU admissions insta!

This is a mess…they are making it worse by spreading the results over 3 days…more torture for students (especially the ones that didn’t receive that infamous email). Hope they release everyone’s in waves of over a few hours (like they do every year)…not over 3 days.

7 Likes

I really like the major I chose within the college of social sciences and humanities so can I just tell people I got in for Political Science and Business Administration lol
So would NU.in just be for gen-ed classes then?

If they announced over 3 days they are probably releasing in 3 days. Hopefully they learn to not do this again bc as a student who didn’t get an email I am so anxious :frowning:

3 Likes

What’s weird for us is that we DID receive the infamous email and about 12 minutes ago our son got an email saying NU made a decision and to check the portal… but there’s no update on the portal… strange? Anyone else in this boat?

4 Likes

Did anyone get the application update email but not find a decision on their portal?

3 Likes

Accepted in Maryland (and did get the email this morning)!
NUin (which we are very happy about because D22 had such an amazing first semester in Dublin)
Studio Art major
1560 SAT, 4.0uw GPA, all 5s on numerous APs, lots of art awards and great portfolio in addition to ECs and a part time job
National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholarship $14k

Excited but we were hoping for bigger merit given her stats and NHRP. She was accepted EA to UMich yesterday so this has been a good weekend with lots of things to think about!

Congrats to others who received good news! So happy the school did the right thing and started releasing after the email snafu!

6 Likes

Wondering if anyone is accepted now without receiving the infamous email this morning. Please let us know. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

6 Likes

go to the status update page its at the top. Should say “house in D’amore Mckim”

1 Like

Same here!

Son accepted NE Engineering

1 Like

My friend just told me her friend in NJ got accepted

Did anyone who got accepted in the portal not get the email?

6 Likes

Hopefully this means ED2 coming out in the next 2 weeks

1 Like

I am pleased to offer you admission to The N.U.in Program, Northeastern University’s signature global first-year experience . Congratulations!

1 Like

Son in NJ accepted, got the email this morning. 1540 SAT, 4.15 wGPA.

2 Likes