Not sure what to do. GW denies they got my CSS when i sent it months ago

I am not sure what to do but GW still says I am missing my CSS when i submitted it way back in october. What can i do? CSS does not allow you to resubmit to a college so thats not an option. Their support team is not very helpful and they keep saying its my fault I havent submitted my CSS. help!!

Take a deep breath and stay calm. Call them. Explain again that CSS confirms it’s submitted to GWU. Ask them if it’s possible that your SSN (or whatever method they use) didn’t link up the CSS submission with your application.

I agree with SJ2727. Colleges are used to having to “sync” or link up FAFSA and CSS applications… sometimes it’s a matter of the name or Social Security number.

We’ve been through this repeatedly- but we were alerted by my daughter’s school counselor that it may become an issue with financial aid offices so we were proactive and on the look out for it (her double last name was inaccurately entered on her Social Security card for her whole life, but you couldn’t see it as the first of her two last names was listed behind her middle name on the top line).

Basically, if you have confirmation of the CSS application, talk with somebody from the school and ask them to please try to link up the name, application and Social Security # :). They are used to having a bunch of stray applications.