Not to alarm anyone but apparently there is/was a fire on 5th floor of Ridgecrest

<p>Maybe they do go door to door during the tornado warnings? </p>

<p>Anyway. Not that important except that I have worked some natural disasters and it is REALLY important everyone do what they can in an emergency whether they perceive it as such or not so that those who truly need help can get it and resources aren’t wasted looking for folks making poor choices.</p>

<p>Thanks for the soapbox.</p>

<p>I know from experience that it is very hard to sleep through the fire alarms in Ridgecrest East and West.</p>

<p>RAs go from door to door during tornado evacuations to get people out of their rooms and reserve the right to do so during fire alarms.</p>

<p>In the highrise classified dorms the buildings are only evacuated initially with 3 floors. This would mean only the attic and fourth floor of north tower would evacuate along with fifth floor. When fire department arrives, they can choose to evacuate all of the building. Momof3boyz, I don’t think he slept through it but rather he was never notified of the situation. There is no sleeping through a fire alarm in a highrise residence hall. The siren is very loud and there is also a vocal announcement providing directions. The buildings that use this fire alarm system are Rose Towers, Tutwiler, and Ridgecrest South.</p>

<p>I know my son well enough to believe he slept through the fire alarm. He stayed out late on Sat. and was up early to go to church. He also had earphones in before he took a nap.<br>
In addition, if he heard the fire alarm (in new surroundings), he would have gotten up to investigate. I’m very grateful everything turned out well.</p>