Notre Dame Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

guys they just said 16th on insta!

5 Likes

It is on twitter, instagram and on their websiteā€¦

December 16, 2022 - 18:42 (6:42 p.m. ET)
Restrictive Early Action Decision Release

1 Like

Buckle up Kidosā€¦

4 Likes

Hey, would anyone like to share their stats and if they got in or not? Just for the heck of itā€¦

1 Like

Deferred. Congratulations to those accepted!

4 Likes

Daughter accepted in Illinois. 1540 SAT, 4.0 unweighted, 5.2 weighted, 11 APs, many ECs, 1 sport, 100+ volunteer hours, no legacy. We did a campus visit and participated in a local information session.

Congratulations to those accepted and chin up to those disappointed.

3 Likes

Accepted. 1470 (790 math), 3/130 in class, 98 UW GPA 103 W GPA. Four sport athlete (captain of one), class treasurer, president of two honor societies, treasurer of one.

3 Likes

Accepted! Just a family oriented, Jesus loving, hard worker. No legacy, tiny public high school in a Mennonite community, so likely no students from there have ever even applied at ND. Applied test optional (no scores submitted), 9 out of 42 in class, 3.97 UW - her school doesnā€™t weight, no sports, just quiz team and Honor Society for school ECs. Most of her activities on the app was taking care of siblings, church activities (server, usher, youth group member, middle school youth group team leader, food pantry), and working 20+ hrs/week at Hobby Lobby. She opted for dual enrollment in place of most HS classes, having 40+ college credit hours at app time and will have 60+ at graduation. We felt it was a true reach, she toured in September on a whim, fell in love with all of the Catholic aspects and applied believing if that was where she was meant to be, sheā€™d be accepted. A lot of time was spent researching about how to write a good essay. She doesnā€™t like essays much, especially writing about herself. She must have done an exceptional job though! We also said a lot of prayers.

13 Likes

This is lovely. It is so good to see ND making strong attempts at going beyond the high stat, high test score, legacy admit. We have a family friend who also went test optional with similar backgroundā€¦no sports, very active in our parish/youth group, strong student.

4 Likes

Daughter accepted. 3.99 unweighted/4.19 weighted. 1410 SAT (submitted). Only 3 AP courses and 14 honors courses (small private independent school didnā€™t offer a lot of APā€™s but did have on-line extended option for APs). Catholic. Heavy involvement in extracurriculars in school with leadership roles, student council Pro Tem for small high school (only about 200 students total). 12 years of dedication to Ballet. Senior class only has 23 kids - they didnā€™t rank but she is probably #2 in ranking. Took summer course in international relations at Ivy in International Relations because of her interest in public policy/advocacy/government. Interned at a law firm this past summer that specializes in Affordable Housing. Fundraising for local charities through school clubs. Spent lots of time on essays. I think her passion to be a force for good in the world with her club involvement and demonstrating why she felt she was a fit for ND came through in her application. Lots of heart. Not a legacy but has relatives that are alum. You donā€™t need 12 APs and a perfect SAT/ACT to get in. We also prayed a lot. Unfortunately, I think it is a bit of a lottery - because they are so many outstanding young adults that apply. Just put your best foot forward.

7 Likes

Accepted to Mendoza! Asian, female, first-gen, NJ public HS, and Catholic.

Stats: 1550 SAT, 4.6 W (no UW), ranked 4 out of 290, 8 APs (4 this year and 4 junior year with 5s on all exams). Awards were pretty generic (AP scholar, National Merit Commended Student, Rotary Student of the Month, NHS, and FHS)

ECs were mostly leadership roles in school clubs and they were science-based rather than business-based. This worried me a little bit, but I was able to relate them to my major because I was treasurer for most clubs and in charge of the financial aspects, and I guess it worked because I got ensured enrollment to Mendoza!

4 Likes
2 Likes

My S23 was rejected REA. His brother currently attends. He did a ND summer program. Great grades & great scores etc. He was really bummed at first. Then he started hearing of other amazing high stat kids that also got rejected. He knows it is not a reflection of his hard work. He is excited about other acceptances and knows ND probably would not have been as good of a fit for him as it is for his brother. I am personally relieved. I realized this before he did. Congrats to those accepted! For those not acceptedā€¦ there is a special place for you. Be open & go find it!

6 Likes

What state are you from?

1 Like

DS23, 1490 SAT 4.34 U/4.0 W. 9APs, 1 college class, 3 dual credit, two sport Varsity athlete, ECā€™s good leadership roles, EIC of newspaper, admitted to Mendoza.

6 Likes

Admitted to Mendoza for finance major!
International student
School didnā€™t calculate GPA
1520 SAT
ECs: varsity table tennis, startup, lots of community service and internships/paid work

3 Likes

DS deferred: 4.7 weighted, 3.97 UW, 1540 sat (perfect math score), decent extracurriculars, some leadership (started philanthropic student club) ; practicing Catholic (still an altar server, vacation bible school etc);works now at grocery store. He is working on his letter of continued interest. Any advice or doā€™s and donā€™ts for the letter of continued interest?

My S was admitted after deferral. For LOCI, 2 important things: (1) be sincere, vulnerable and authentic, (2) if true, clearly state that if admitted he will attend. Let me thrown in a third, based on experience with several kids going through the processā€¦try to assume he wonā€™t be admitted and after sending the LOCI, move on to other possibilities. If, in the end, heā€™s admitted, it will be an unexpected surprise. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

Anyone got request for mid year grades email from Notre Dame?

1 Like