Notre Dame Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I would also suggest, that he research clubs and opportunities he’d like to participate in and name them specifically and mention how he hopes to participate in them, how he’d contribute on campus. If he plans on continuing in church ministries (like being a server) include that also.

Nothing yet. But it does show in the portal that it can be submitted.

My D’s HS counselor got an email request from ND for midyear grades last week. Grades didn’t come out until yesterday, so my D uploaded them to her portal last night.

1 Like

Did anyone get an email (sent to student with a CC to parents) yesterday from ND about submitting financial aid forms if applying?

Yes, S23 and parents received the same email.

2 Likes

Admitted
White female
FL
OPT’L
social sciences
tons of sports and comm service, and charity
great essays
AICE

1 Like

Anyone got the ND scholars email?

No, but congratulations if you did. That means you’re in. Good luck with the scholars process.

1 Like

Thank you. Just curious how you would know that means I am in.

My child is a current student and nephew is a H-Y scholar…so I’m familiar with the process. They give very few merit scholarships so if they are considering you for one, then you are likely at the very top of their pool. Assuming that nothing has changed dramatically since you submitted your app (e.g. a dramatic drop in senior year grades), you will likely be admitted, whether or not you ultimately get the scholarship.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Anyway I can talk to anyone of them to ask about the process. That will be hugely helpful. I am nervous about the process.

I’d recommend checking out these threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/notredame/comments/rmm6ph/merit_scholarships/

There are many more threads on both CC and Reddit

1 Like

Did your child go through the process and got the scholarship? is it possible to go through the process and not get the scholarship but still get in?

1 Like

When do Glynn invitations get sent?

My son got his invite in February of last year, but he was accepted REA, so he may have received his invitation earlier than others. My recollection is that he was surprised that a question was presented and that he needed to answer it quickly on video. It was the pace of the interview that surprised him. He had admissions interviews with others schools and considered this different because it was not a conversation. As it turned out, he switched to Engineering, so he was not eligible for the program, but beleives that it would have been great for him if he had remained in the College of Science.

Yesterday along with the finalist notification for merit scholarships.

Congrats!! Which scholarship did he get?

Do you think it would be a fair assumption that someone with higher stats then what has been listed by many for the scholar program semifinalists wasn’t accepted?