Notre Dame Leadership Seminar 2020

I was never told that it was free of charge, but I’m quite disappointed in hearing that some of the LS faculty are offering summer scholars courses. It makes no sense that they are charging us, given that it costs less for them to hold classes online.

@potatokid I agree. It’s not ideal that leadership seminar professors are doing online courses and we have to pay a thousand dollars even though it would cost less for the college. I was thinking of emailing them too to see if there’s a chance of online NDLS. Fingers crossed!

I’ll definitely email ND and ask for a certificate to show that I got into the LS. I don’t know how they expect us to get $1,500 ($1,350 plus $150 deposit) given that a lot of us aren’t working anymore, as well as getting less of an experience overall.

Isn’t @potatokid saying they were NOT charging him/her for the summer Scholars?

@ktnb @RAD1402 @KK2021 Where does it say you have to pay additional money? I emailed them a few weeks ago and they replied to me saying that there would be no additional fees

yes I emailed too. I think accepted students are no additional fee (just the $150). Maybe the waitlisted students are being charged.

Hi ! Can anyone share the essay prompts of previous editions pleaseee

Global Issues Prompt for 2020-2021 NDLS:

What is peace? How do we bring it about? You are invited to use an example of current injustices in your country or globally to contextualize your response.

Prompt involving all NDLS applicants:

Community is an essential component of Notre Dame. Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by innumerable characteristics. Describe your ‘community’. How has your community been redefined by the pandemic, and what role have you played in that transformation?

Note: Notre Dame may have changed the prompts for this upcoming application cycle. I wish you the best.