Numbers admitted by major?

For the application for SDSU. Is there a place where there is information available for numbers admitted by major? My son is interested in a career in environmental consulting. He’s considering the sustainability major or the environmental science major. which one is more competitive to get into? any feedback on any of these majors? Are there any other majors at SDSU he should consider?

Applications by Major – Analytic Studies & Institutional Research shows applicants, admits, and enrollees for each major at SDSU in past admission cycles, but that does not say which major actually had a higher admission threshold, since the applicant pools may not necessarily have been similar.

Some other CSUs like SJSU are more transparent in showing what the admission thresholds were in the past admission cycle.

2 Likes

My older son works at an Environmental Consulting firm and his coworkers have degrees in various majors with Biology being the #1 most common Undergraduate major. My son attended UC Davis as an Environmental Science and Resource Management major but either Sustainability or Environmental Science majors will work.

Have him look over the 4 year curriculum for each and see if one of the majors fits his interests more.

1 Like

Thanks we were on the sdsu majors descriptions website and could not find rbe 4 year curriculum for each major. Where do we find that?

Here is the link. My Map

1 Like

Geography is another major he could consider. Lots of geography majors in the environmental field.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.