NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

nope do u

rip since Iā€™m on the Stern waitlist >.<

3 Likes

Does anyone think anything is coming out at 4 pm?

shows to me as around 70k

what school are you?

What school did you apply to?

Their a spring admit ā€¦ false alarm LMAO

1 Like

I was waitlisted for stern but my second choice is Gallatin.

hi everyone! remember when i said iā€™d still be here for you guys throughout your process, hi! so iā€™ve been reading what you guys are saying about the number of spots/people waitlisted.

i did some research and apparently nyu waitlists 20% of applicants, BUT before you freak out. only 20% of those 20,000/100,000 applicants accept their spot. therefore, if my calculations are correct approx 4,000 applicants accept their spot.

moreover, based on my speculation i think 20% of those accepted waitlisted people only submit the waitlist form, so those are the ones they consider. thatā€™s 800 people that theyā€™ll consider. and if the yield is less than 50% (which i think itā€™ll be) then the waitlist will have lots of movement (which has been predicted - just search articles about it)

i hope this info has been somewhat helpful, and again this isnā€™t extremely credible as itā€™s what iā€™ve been researching into. if you have any questions just pm me or reply! iā€™m happy to be here and be with yā€™all i kno how hard waiting is. good luck guys ily all

15 Likes

Do you know if people ever get off the waitlist for stern or Gallatin? Stern is my first choice and Gallatin is my second I would happily go to either. I have been so stressed waiting sometimes I hope and other times I donā€™t. Any advice?

1 Like

After 4:00 alreadyā€¦ so guess itā€™s not today.

is anyoneā€™s housing portal down?

nvm its back up

i have a yellow banner ā€œAttention NYC On-Campus Residents Click here to complete the Departure/Arrival Survey!ā€
does that mean anything? i dont think i had it before

1 Like

ive had that the whole time

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how accurate this is butā€¦ when decisions first came out I heard if u checked ur portal and saw ur decision before the emailā€¦ you didnā€™t get an email. Maybe this will be the same for the waitlist decisions? I did get an email today about the verification of my admission but I assume thatā€™s because I just payed my deposit.

You are not a loser! You know waaayy more than me! I find your comments very helpful! :relieved:

1 Like

Why are you the best :pleading_face:

1 Like

Same happened with me when I got my update in December. I went straight to the portal and I never got an email.

I feel like NYU is dangling a carrot in front of my faceā€¦a very big and shiny carrotā€¦

9 Likes