Off-Topic Discussion from "Colleges Crossed Off List or Moved Up After Visiting"

Do you have your own thread about your D’s college search? It seems like it will be really interesting one, and I look forward to hearing your impressions of Delaware Valley and the other schools where you plan to visit, too!

These are a couple of colleges I’m wondering if your family has considered:

• Emory & Henry (VA): About 1100 undergrads. Offers a B.A., B.S. and minor in Equine Studies as well as a B.A. in Equine-Assisted Therapy, and I think they’re building a new $2M barn. It’s also part of the CTCL association: Emory & Henry College – Colleges That Change Lives

• Otterbein (OH): About 2200 undergrads and has some equine programs that may be of interest. Majors include Equine Business Management, Equine Pre-Veterinary/Pre-Graduate Studies, and Equine Veterinary Technology while it also has minors in Equine-Assisted Activites & Therapies and Equine Business Management: Department of Equine Science - Otterbein University

• U. of Montana-Western: About 1400 undergrads and like a couple of other colleges (Colorado College, Cornell College) has students take one class at a time. “The Equine Studies Department at UMW offers the only Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Horsemanship in the U.S., with options in equine management, psychology, science, business and instruction.” Department of Equine Studies | University of Montana Western Going by your username, I think you’re a WUE resident, so this other school should also get you a WUE rate.

2 Likes