Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Got a email that I was accepted into Honors a couple of hours ago!

4 Likes

Congrats to you as well!!

Congrats to you both and your families! Awesome! Would you mind sharing what honors program it was, or what school? Thanks

Does anyone know anything about the scholars program? Is it worth applying to if invited to?

@covcoll I didn’t think honors was set in distinct groups like scholars is. There was no mention of major (engineering) or program in the email.

1 Like

For those accepted into Honors program - can you share your stats if you don’t mind?

3.9 UW 4.4 W, around 10 AP’s
Test optional
Lots of leadership roles

1 Like

Daughter had 4.0 UW/4.3 W
ACT 32
6 Plus AP classes
Found out late last night, Honors Program, Biology Major

1 Like

Daughter was accepted to OSU on 12/11 (my son is currently a 3rd year computer science & engineering major) and she was notified late Friday night (1/15) that she got into Scholars as well. Wasn’t expecting Scholars notifications to come out so soon. The email showed up around 11 PM that night so we were very surprised. She was admitted to her first choice program which was Dunn Sport & Wellness Scholars.

1 Like

My daughter was also accepted in the first wave of admissions to OSU, but I am not familiar with the honors program that you (and others in this group) refer to. Was this a separate application for Honors? Did your daughter complete it at the same time her application was submitted? Was she invited to apply? My daughter has very good stats, but did not receive anything regarding honors, so not sure if we missed something along the way. Thanks!

On the Common App, there was a question asking if you are interested in the Honors or Scholars program. If you said yes, you had to submit another supplemental essay that would pop up in the application.

Got it. I think my daughter was over writing essays at that point and likely checked the “no” response. Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

Just for clarity, all notifications of MSP, Honors, Scholars, etc. have been towards admitted students? Has anyone who hasn’t been notified of their admission to the university gotten into these programs? I am waiting on the 29th early action release date and haven’t heard anything. Should I consider myself out of the running for these programs since there have been early responses?****

You’re good. Those programs don’t recieve your applications til you have been admitted for the Fall at the Columbus campus. They state this on their virtual sessions.

2 Likes

For those waiting on Scholars notifications - my daughter didn’t get an email but when we checked the Scholars portal today (same one she used to select her program choices) it had an acceptance letter.

1 Like

@BeachPlease What is the Scholars Portal? My daughter has been waiting to hear as well. We we select a link to the portal she made her choices it just shows her selection. Perhaps we have a different view because they did not decide whether they are admitting her into the program yet.

It was the same link she uses to make her program choices. Now when she goes to that link she gets a notice that looks like a letter on her acceptance and next steps.

Forgive me - I can’t find where my S21 made program choices, other than when he did on the CommonApp
 It just lists “evaluation” for A&S, PoliSci - no other choices. In the Scholarship Universe, we have the campus and school locked - but I don’t think you mean Scholarship Universe, right?

Students have to apply to the Honors or Scholars programs and OSU doesn’t review those applications until you’re accepted to the university.

anyone know if tomorrow is the final decision day for OSU early action? I know we will hear by janurary 29th but since decisions come out every friday, are we thinking tomorrow will be it for EA?