Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Part of my point is, parents and students make the mistake of choosing a school because of its ranking regardless of affordability. You don’t choose a school you can’t afford, it’s that simple. It’s ranking or reputation won’t help you when your carrying tens of thousands perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans. Pick a school you can afford not one you cannot because of its rankz

1 Like

Didn’t receive a decision after being deferred earlier this month. The email says that the decision release is rolling until the end of march, do we think that’s true? I’m not sure if it’s going to be like EA where there were two rounds, or if they’re going to actively send out decisions until March 26th.

Yes, attending a school you can afford regardless of rank is a smart choice.

1 Like

Hi! My daughter is planning a visit in early March. Can you advise how you found current student to show you around campus? Thank you

Regarding the National Buckeye Scholarship for OOS students, the OSU admissions site says that an application submitted before Nov 1 would be automatically considered. Does anyone know if an application after Nov. 1, is completely ineligible for consideration? Or is there possibly another process involved?

I believe someone mentioned you could apply until Feb 1 if your app wasn’t in before the deadline.

I joined the Facebook Group for OSU parents and explained that I was coming to visit and asked if anyone had a son/daughter who would be willing to do ao tour. I had two parents volunteer within minutes. We did one full campus tour with one girl and a dorm/.scholars tour with a young man. Both were in my son’s scholars program. I think it was better than an official tour. I sent them both gift cards as a thank you. The parents in that group are amazing

5 Likes

We are going this weekend, and have a tour with a current student. Looking forward to it

I genuinely think it is better than an official one. Especially since you see it from a student’s point of view and your child will be able to walk and talk one and one and ask questions. Granted you miss the opportunity of meeting other incoming freshman but you can do that at orientation. We had a great time.

1 Like

Thank you for the help! Look forward to the visit

Let me know if you need anything else. The FB parent group is AMAZING. We had a great time on our visit. We had to leave early because of the storm coming in

1 Like

When do we get actual cost of attendance sheet?

Yesterday afternoon my portal changed from “Evaluation” to “Admitted”. I immediately paid the acceptance fee and it changed to “Acceptance”. Then later last night it switched to “Attendance” now today it switched to “Active”. Any other committed student’s portals say “Active”? Does this mean I have been rescinded?

That is what mine did and my status is Active. That is OSU saying that you are active in their system

1 Like

I am surprised you were deferred - it must have something to do with your intended major. I am guessing that you are interested in a highly competitive major.

Are visitors able to walk into buildings and visit dorms too?

Entering building is one thing but my son and I did an impromptu visit in early December. We came from Northern VA on the way to northern OH for an event. You can walk about and see stiff but entering buildings at any campus these days with an App or being a student or faculty member can be tricky. BIt it gave us a great idea of things–even in snow–and he loved the campus feel and layout. That Ohio Stadium is something!

Can we still get into honors or scholars even if we were deferred from EA?

The dorms are tough. You need a current student to get you in. I am not sure that they are supposed to, but they never stopped us and we went right in the front door. We did our “tour” on a Saturday and Sunday so lots of buildings were closed but we walked right into the main library and the Student Union. We didn’t really care about the “classroom” buildings. The stadium (which would have been the highlight of our tour) was locked up like Fort Knox. We know what dorm and floor my son will be on if he goes there so we didn’t need to see multiple dorms.

you either applied to honors or scholars. not both. I would think scholars is possible but not honors if you were deferred but that’s just a guess.