Once you've applied to UFE

Will they notify the students either way? Either a no-thank-you or a semi-finalist notification?

And… I’m assuming those will be through the crimson email address?

(IIRC, I remember reading that the very FINAL letters are sent through USPS snail mail. I just couldn’t remember reading anything about the first two steps for semi-finalist and finalist notifications…)

Thanks!

If you make the phone screen round, you’ll be notified by e-mail. If you make the final round, you’ll be notified by a square red envelope. If you make UFE you are also notified by a square red envelope. Those who do not make the program are notified by email (first round) and then other rounds by snail mail.

Just what I needed to know! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Of course, this is what they did last year. I doubt they’ll change the snail mail red envelope thing because its the hallmark of the program. And since they USPS the “yes” answers, my guess is they will continue to do so with the “nos” as well. Our postwomen was stalked by our daughter each day. Then we went out of town on vacation so she had a friend drive to our house each day to stalk the mail lady.