Online classes?

<p>I plan on registering to an online class this spring which is offered by the university. My advisor gave me the go ahead to sign up for the class. Do I have to pay extra for this class? Do I register for this class like any other campus class? Anything I should be wary about? </p>

<p>Son took sociology online 2 years ago. No extra fee. And yes it registered just like any other class.
I believe you he had a couple day window to take tests, but once the test was started it may have been timed.</p>

<p>Online classes do not cost extra, though they may require a different textbook than on-campus versions of the same course. They key to taking online courses is time management. Set aside time to study and complete your assignments and you’ll be fine. Testing situations vary by online class, with some versions requiring proctored exams that on-campus students take in Parham Hall. </p>

<p>My S is trying to continue a foreign language sequence, but he can’t Spring semester due to conflict a couple days/week w/ the regular classroom section. Does anyone know if a student can sit in on the regular classroom certain days of the week (when he would have no conflict), in addition to taking the online section? And can he just ask permission from the professor on this, or does it need to be a formal thing? There are only about <~15 students in these sections, on average, if that matters (e…g., class is never at capacity, so there will be no wait-list). Is auditing a foreign language class an option? In other words, he could just sit in and try to keep up, and then next fall try to register again?</p>

<p>My son did several online classes while a Bama student. He loves doing online classes, because it gave him flexibility in his schedule. </p>