OOS Scholarships

<<<<
UoA has always been my top school choice, I qualify for federal and state aid since me and my brother will be in college at the same time starting fall 2016

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

What state aid would you be able to use OOS? Does Maryland let you take its state aid and use it OOS? most states won’t let you do that, but maybe MD does.

Do you know what your brother’s FAFSA EFC is?

[QUOTE=""]
I have a 3.1 GPA and a 1430 on the SAT

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=""]
@brooke4998

[/QUOTE]

What is the 1430?

<<<
Are there any that would have a similar cost of $15 k, what UA would cost for fees, room, board, travel?

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

UA would cost her more than $15k. Her GPA won’t qualify her for any of the automatic merit awards, even though her M+CR would have qualified for the 2/3 tuition award.

She might end up getting some other award, and those would be announced around Feb/March.

She still needs to submit her scholarship app before the deadline. She needs to send her transcript now, and then resend it after her college grades are in.

[QUOTE=""]
It's 3.1154 weighted, sucks that they don't consider senior grades because my college courses are weighed and I'm set to get 4 A's this semester

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, even with 4 A’s this semester, your GPA would not be a 3.5. It would be about a 3.2/3/3, depending on how those A’s are weighted.

I do not know my brothers EFC and my college classes are weighted a whole point (1.0). In other words an A at the college would go back to my high school as 5 points. After doing extensive research, due to my low GPA because of extenuating circumstances, I am not just trying to get in with what I have now (3.1 GPA SAT Math- 640 SAT Reading- 700)

If you have a 3.1 for a total of 6 semesters, a 4.0 for a total of one semester (even at 5 points a class) is very unlikely to raise your cumulative GPA to a 3.5. You need to add (6) 3.1s with (1) 4.0 and divide by 7.

I am no longer worried about raising my GPA as UoA only uses grades 9-11, what are my acceptance chances?

Your SAT adds up to 1340.

Yes, and with writing its a 1670

Colleges dont care about the Writing score…which is good because your W score is very low (330).

Your 1340 is high enough to get you into Bama, especially if you apply now. Don’t worry about your GPA…it’s fine for admissions.

Thank you!