optional zoology 101 lab?

<p>I'm currently completing prerequisites for application to the nursing school and planning on applying next fall. In order for me to take microbio 101 i need to take zoology 101. the 2-credit lab, zoology 102, is listed as "optional" in the pre-nursing handbook, just as the lab for microbiology is optional. is it recommended that i take the lab alongside zoology 101 or could I do without? 14 credits without the lab as opposed to 16 with it.</p>

<p>You don’t need to take the lab. I’m in Zoology 101 right now and I’m not in the lab, it’s absolutely fine. I think a minority of the class is in the lab.</p>

<p>This is something to have an email or verbal discussion with your advisor about, presumably someone with knowledge/interest about the UW nursing program ins and outs. It may be optional for nursing students but you should check to see what most successful entrants to the nursing program do. You may want it if it improves your chances of acceptance to nursing, or if the lab skills enhance your performance in the hands on aspect of nursing classes. “Not required” is not the same as “makes no difference”.</p>