Our visit on April 10th and 11th

<p>I thought I’d post a review of our visit to Bama. It started with our flights from Cleveland to Charlotte to Birmingham on Tuesday morning. Travel there went smoothly and both Charlotte and Birmingham airports were very easy to navigate. We arrived on the campus around 2 pm, parked, and then spent over 3 hours walking the campus. The architecture is so beautiful. D and I loved the architecture of Clark Hall, Gorgas House, and the President’s Mansion, as well as many other buildings. The landscaping is also beautiful- lovely flower beds, lots of green grass and trees, and pretty pathways like the Crimson Promenade. We also liked the little lake behind Ridgecrest West. We walked through the library, visited the Ferguson Student Center, and of course shopped at the Supe Store. We also stopped in at St. Francis Catholic Church. Our feet were very sore by the time we left the campus to check into our hotel and head to Dreamland for dinner.</p>

<p>The next morning we met with Susan in the Honors College. D also talked to someone about the Crimson White and found out that it comes out 4 days a week. The issue we saw was perfect since it was talking about all that President Witt has accomplished since he took office. We did the official tour and our tour guide was very knowledgeable. We loved hearing all the little tidbits that she shared about the history of the school, traditions, rankings of different programs, student amenities, etc. After the tour, we had lunch with an Honors College Ambassador in Lakeside Dining. She was great about answering all of our questions. We then got to tour Ridgecrest South- definitely nicer than many will have for their first apartment. My D then got to meet with Dr. Jacqueline Morgan and professors in her majors. We walked the campus once again so D could get her bearing, before driving past all the beautiful sorority houses (I had to locate mine) and shopping on The Strip. </p>

<p>We flew out early Thursday morning. Our connecting flight was in Houston this time- definitely much larger to navigate than Charlotte. We had 45 minutes between our flights and barely made it from the gate (C) our plane landed at and the B gate for our next flight.</p>

<p>I just want to say thank you to all of you who helped to plan our visit. It was everything that we hoped it to be. Our D is thrilled to be heading to Bama for the next 4 years. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Editing to add how helpful the UA app for the iPhone was.</p>

<p>Sounds like you had a fantastic trip to Bama. Thank you for sharing it and Roll Tide!! Welcome to Bama!!</p>

<p>Glad that everything worked out so well, and that you and your daughter got to experience firsthand what makes UA so great.</p>

<p>Best of luck for the next four years!</p>

<p>Glad to hear how it all went!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I’m so glad your visit went well. We love the UA! Roll Tide!</p>