Pandemic, megathreads and moderation

Well, shutting down threads certainly didn’t help that.

^Yes, and we were sorry to see it come to that.

Just want to add, and not related to topic, that most of the “help” I try to provide is via PM. I have increasing worries about privacy. There are families with whom I have a relationship over a whole year and sometimes beyond, privately, and I am sure that is true for many here. If it weren’t for the original forum, whether parents forum or music forum or whatever, those connections would not be made but I prefer PM.

Compmom - I hear you on that. Wish there were readily available instructions on how to delete your own old posts (for ID reasons).

@“Jolynne Smyth”

You can’t delete old forum posts…but you can delete old PM posts.

Thanks, thumper1. So (embarrassing) - what’s an old PM post? :smile:

If “PM” is private message then it’s not a post? Btw, I agree that having people who have been through the process provide insight & advice to newer parents/kids can be super helpful. That sometimes ‘tough love’ perspective can be really valuable. :smile:

Thank you moderators and admins!

Since when is a username which has more than one person using it not banned?

@CTTC it’s not. User you reported was listing stats for his brother in one post. I deleted the post for privacy reasons.

Moderators look at every report. If your report is not acted on it’s because we don’t think action is necessary. We cannot respond to every reporter because of the volume of reports we receive. You can always follow up by PM if you’d like, though.

I’m closing this thread. Thank you for the feedback. I’m pondering the replies, but there’s a chance I missed something because (ironically perhaps) this thread got really large! I’ll work with the moderators to see what we can do in the future about these threads.