Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

Congrats to everyone that who got in! What a wonderful day!!

I canā€™t keep up with these amazing acceptancesā€¦

Congrats @Motiv8tedmom23 and @carlsbadbruin <:-P

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances ā€“ well done!!!

Congrats to all the acceptances!!! Lots of great ED news!!! Excitement for all those kids who have gotten into their first choice and are basically DONE.

We can add an acceptance as wellā€¦ Itā€™s S17ā€™s safety and very unlikely unless all other schools turn him down. Nothing as exciting as Stanford, or Purdue, or Mass. (Cal State Humboldt)

@stlarenas Sorry to hear about your Dā€™s friendā€¦ What about just dropping the Calc and not replacing it with anything. Can she just have a study hall, or free period? You can go down to as few as 4 classes at our school spring of senior year. And as I said earlier, your teenā€™s mental health is really more important than another AP class.

@thshadow My son is a bit like your D. Had to push him to check his portals today. His response was shouldnā€™t they email me? Why do I need to check the portal. He did check his two possibilities for this month.

@stencils - Weā€™re right there with you!

We should be hearing about one EA school next week, and two more the end of January. Then itā€™s a long wait until April, unless D17 is a finalist for a big MAC!

Wow! This is an amazing group of kids! We just spent the last 7 hrs driving home from a campus visit. I had Dd reading me updates as we were traveling. It is so exciting to see so many acceptances alg my virtual friends. Celebrating for all of you!!

And for those who didnā€™t get the news they hoped for today, ((((hugs)))) for your children tonight.

Dd opened her email when we got home and found out that Trinity U released their acceptances today. (Totally didnā€™t expect that until the 15th.) She was accepted with the Murchison Scholarship and was invited for the Tower Scholars Day. W/o the Tower, Trinity is too expensive, so she is super excited to be invited to compete for it.

Wow!!!

So many amazing acceptances today! I had two IPAā€™s in salute!

Wash U
Stanford x 3??? (unreal, SO cool)
Williams
Purdue
Humboldt
Trinity
Old Dominion
Ohio U

I couldnā€™t keep track of all and sorry if I missed any but a huge toast to you and your kids!

A special shoutout to @thshadow I love seeing our mid stats kids get lovely news. Plus Iā€™ve a super soft spot for Purdue for multiple reasons.

Congrats!!! @shuttlebus

My son got the Purdure (CS) admission acceptance today but was wondering as to when they announce the Honors admission acceptance - Does anyone know about this ?

@jmek15 - do you think she checks her email?? :slight_smile:

She just went to sleep - apparently she still hasnā€™t noticedā€¦

@paveyourpath - No, no need to spoil the surprise - Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll check it eventually.

I think.

@CaucAsianDad, my daughter is at Princeton this year. We are definitely not EFC $0, and do not qualify for aid beyond loans for our older daughter, who is at an OOS university. Princeton sends the financial aid package along with the admission announcement. Our bill this year is about $2500/semester (will pay a little less due to an outside scholarship. They are just very generous, even if you are solidly middle income. Thereā€™s no nickel and dining eitherā€¦no admission deposit or charge for orientation. Even laundry is included.

Congrats to everyone! What an exciting 2 days this has been. I have loved logging on to hear everyoneā€™s great news!

@thshadow She will wake up to a lovely surprise! If she checks her emails this morning. If sheā€™s like my son, it will be dinner time before she checks. :slight_smile:

@Mom2aphysicsgeek Congratulations to your D on her acceptance and scholarship. Great news for her to be able to compete for the Tower scholarship.

Congrats @shuttlebus @Motiv8tedmom23 @curiositycat333 @Mom2aphysicsgeek !

@sdl0625 good luck to your D on the ACT this morning!

@stencils @CA1543 Would love to keep hanging out with you guys! I just promise no more rants of panic until at least dorm roommate matching comes aroundā€¦lol! But, look forward to adding any moral support I can here and look forward to many more celebrations!

Iā€™m going to have to figure out what to worry about nowā€¦most likely my upcoming military retirement. Nothing quite like getting your retirement orders and only childā€™s college acceptance in the same week!

Wow, yesterday was a banner day for this group! Congratulations to all with good news to report! <:-P

@Motiv8tedmom23 @carlsbadbruin @curiositycat333 @Mom2aphysicsgeek, congratulations to all college acceptances, safeties or reaches, and scholarship invitations!!! <:-P <:-P <:-P

There hasnā€™t been many positive news at Dā€™s school so far. The kids are celebrating acceptances and dealing with the disappointments. At the same time, they are preparing themselves for the coming weeks. Reaches are reaches, lotteries are lotteries, they will get over it and find their true place. D has friends over last night and they were all so supportive to any news tweeted out. It is just amazing to realize, for me, that they are really growing upā€¦

Now, I am prepared for the next 2 weeks! :smiley:

Congratulations!! @carlsbadbruin <:-P Great way to wake up!

@curiositycat333 <:-P Maybe not as exciting when itā€™s not your first choice, but congrats, I know Iā€™ll be thrilled to hear from just one safety right now!!

@Mom2aphysicsgeek <:-P Congrats on acceptance and scholarship!

This has just been a great week for our group!

@thshadow Itā€™s fun following your Purdue acceptance, I cannot wait until your D finally decides to tell you!! Maybe itā€™ll be todayā€¦

D got an acceptance package from Drury University yesterday with their highest merit package ($17k). Itā€™s no Stanford :slight_smile: but could be a good solid contender as she really liked it when we visited.

Congratulations! @stlarenas <:-P