Parents of the HS Class of 2021 3.0-3.4

@Billb7581 I see Albright as a super regional school. I think mainly local kids attend so it just wouldn’t be discussed here as much.

@psblstnr Yes! I’d love a 20 second video lol! And, yes, it’s the Mandelle Award! Good news, right?!

But it seems like damn near everyone here is from Pennsylvania LOL. I guess this board trends hi stats big $ schools.

We’re from New Jersey and I feel like every college has a maximum quota for NJ kids!

3 Likes

Pork Roll or Taylor ham?

Hmmm, our Naviance shows about 8 kids have been accepted over the years, with an avg GPA <3.0.

exit 151

That’s Taylor Ham country :slight_smile:

avg 3.33 if I am remembering right and that may or may not be the case LOL.

If I had to pick a GSP exit, Exit 31 here Pork Roll baby.

1 Like

Albright ranks high on upward mobility I read somewhere but that may be because broke people like me are sending their kids there :joy:

In other words, you’re from Philly :slight_smile:

Na I live in the woods.

Not having an easy time editing the breakfast meat post!
funny thing is we never have it up here but it’s like a ritual part of diner breakfast when we go down the shore, so…Pork Roll but only on vacation.

Where is “down the shore” relative to exit 151? Like Seaside or ?

We live up north but have spent a lot of time in the summers at the beach. Mostly LBI.

like most of Northern NJ.

I would say “down the shore” starts at exit 98.

I live a sheltered existence I dont even know what shores are up there

We usually go to Sea Isle City.

There are no beaches up north. Unless you count the Palisades :slight_smile: Sandy Hook is northern most, maybe Asbury Park would be a good line, exit 102 off the GSP!

Got acceptance with no merit yet from St. Olaf yesterday and acceptance from Miami OH just now with $11K. Kid is just on the south end by a one hundredth of the next round up of merit there but he’s really not all that interested so I think that’s one he’ll let go easily. St. Olaf though…my husband and I might just push our budget a little if he wants to go there. fingers crossed for a good letter.

12 Likes

@BktoNJ Huge congrats!! St. Olaf is a fantastic school! Hope it works out for him!!!

1 Like