Parents of the HS Class of 2025

Digital PSAT test group my son was part of, his test crashed on the last question and he got no score or payment and they keep answering my emails saying they are looking into it and will respond in 3/5 days(since early Sept). I hope his ACT scores are good so we don’t beed to give College board more $.

1 Like

that’s just horrible!

D25 just told me that they will all be taking the PSAT in the gym. They will be setting up a few hot spots or something so need it to all be in 1 room. They were told people will be getting up and leaving at different times throughout the test. Sounds like a disaster to me!

I don’t think that college board thought of the possibility of tech problems or schools that might not have great internet when they did this all digital!

This is very frustrating for me since I know D25 could make it for national merit but this might hinder that.

2 Likes

Goodness gracious. What a nightmare. So sorry that happened.

S25 is taking PSAT this Saturday, ACT on October 28th, and SAT on November 4th. Will be a lot of tests, but I’m hoping he’ll be in the zone after lots of tests and practicing.

1 Like

Precisely the same schedule for mine!

2 Likes

Good luck to all taking the PSAT this week! D25’s is on Thursday. She’ll then take another SAT sometime next year after it switches to digital.

1 Like

D25 took a blue book PSAT practice today. 4 wrong in English was a 700. Not much room for mistake… even though she is very over testing she is glad she did a run in the new format.

1 Like

That’s in line, given each question is worth 10-20 points.

Mine is taking the psat Wednesday. He took the paper sat on Saturday and said it was easier than the practice tests, but still not as easy as the digital.

The SAT you mean?

She has stuck with paper for the SAT. Hoping to be done after last Saturday. If not she will try the digital in the Spring.

I’m glad the SAT seemed easy on Saturday. The August English section was very difficult.

Yes, sorry, the paper SAT on Saturday seemed easier than the paper practices he had taken, but he said the digital was still the easiest of any. He said the best part of the digital is that you have to read so much less in the EBRW section.

My 8th grader is taking the psat 8/9 tomorrow as well so I’m eager to see what he thinks.

1 Like

I’m not sure about that. Reddit is up in arms saying this was the hardest English they have ever seen. My D said there was one section (the same everyone is complaining about) that tripped her up a bit.

Official practice tests? We have found those to be all over the place, with the most recent QAS tests having more difficult no Calc Math than earlier ones.

I guess it’s good we don’t look at reddit! Haha. He said he closed his eyes and rested after the second math. :roll_eyes:

He took some official, some not official I guess? They were from some practice books.

I think the tests from practice books are often harder.

Reddit is only fun when I know the specifics of the questions so I can follow along. She did not share.

D25 was supposed to take PSAT today. Yesterday the school told the kids it was being pushed to next week. No reason was given.

Probably some technical difficulty somewhere. D25 did take it today but they did’t get started until 8:45 bc CB was down.

1 Like

My daughter said they started an hour late.

1 Like

ooh boy. That does not bode well for D25 taking it tomorrow. EEK!

A friend of mine said somebody on the east coast posted that the network was down, but they must have fixed it quickly. Ours started on time. S25 reports easier than the practice tests.

1 Like

Didn’t it used to be all the same day? I am confused about this years schedule.

FWIW she thought it was easy (now let’s hope that means she didn’t nap on any questions). I don’t really understand how they will equate these with paper tests. It’s really not the same…and it feels like another case of the system dumbing down the testing for the population. They just threw reading comprehension out the window, since there are no full passages. And on the math they no longer have a no calculator section.

1 Like

It was only about an hour delay so probably fine for all the other time zones.