Pepperdine Class of 2027 Official Thread

Not justifying it. Simply saying we aren’t privy to the full scope of what the university’s plans are, so reluctant to comment further. I do not share some of your perspective on or predictions for the university, but as I said previously, I am not welcoming the tuition increase either.

We don’t know to whom your daughter spoke - student employee, assistant… or sat with the Dean of Admissions? Anyone is free, however, to call the office & inquire.

Class size, as I meant it, equals the size of the entire class. So, correct – the Classes of 2025 & 2026 are larger. That has affected several aspects of student experience/programming, and quite possibly the ranking change to which you referred.

As for individual academic class sizes, I cannot say for sure how many classes prior to 2025 were filling, say, Elkins Auditorium, in a given semester. Did they simply add additional night classes to accomodate students or did they indeed increase certain larger classes? I would encourage CC members to call Pepperdine directly for that information, if it is of concern.

Congratulations. The aid will be listed in your portal under financial aid. Hope you got some.

Did you figure out your aid?

yes, not that much, gonna go to UVA

1 Like

We are another family with an existing student at Pepperdine who are opting elsewhere for our next child(class of ‘27). It is just WAY too expensive for what they offer. We have been disappointed in the dorms/living situation, the food options(very limited), the academic advising (my DD basically gets told figure it out yourself and she is not alone in this experience). She loves her friends and her sorority and you can’t beat the views but the price they are now charging is simply not justified in what they offer so sadly we moved on for my next child (her decision but we support it) and remaining siblings.

Sadly I think you are right. Our daughter will be attending USC this fall. It will cost us less with more resources and opportunities. If you would have asked me 12 months ago, I didn’t think there was any way she would not be attending Pepperdine