Photos of a gorgeous old building under renovation at UA

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2016/06/inside_the_spooky_skeleton_of.html#lf_comment=528321904

It will be beautiful!

<<<
In 2014, patients were moved to a new facility nearby and the university began a $40 million restoration of the original four-story main hospital building and four of the six original wings. It is part of a $121 million project that includes a new performing arts center on the property. According to University of Alabama planner Dan Wolfe, the old hospital buildings will be used as a university welcome center, a museum of mental health, a museum of the university’s history and event space. The project is scheduled for completion in 2020.
<<<

I saw this building when we visited. I think it will really be something when renovations are done!

I’ll bet there are some creepy stories. A good ghost adventures episode.

I wonder if any phases will be complete and usable before 2020

I think so Mom, I think the main building is already being renovated. The 2020 date must apply to the completion of the Performing Arts Center on the north side of the main building.

Ahhh…thanks…I may have to do a drive by… I wonder how close they’ll let nosy-people get. Lol

Pretty close!

the interior has already been stripped