Please Chance me for RD LAC/Ivy League Applications!

Amen to that!! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

You’re going to great places!!!

1 Like

I also got waitlisted at Brown! Not too upset about it as I’m happy with my other options, and you have amazing options too so very happy for you! Who needs the Ivy League anyway :sunglasses:

1 Like

AMEN!!! You have INCREDIBLE options, my goodness!!! I don’t know how you are going to choose, but I also know that you can’t go wrong with any of your fabulous options. Very happy for you too! Please let me know where you end up!

1 Like

Thank you so so much!! It will be a difficult decision and I definitely have some visits to do, but I am so grateful that I have these options. Amherst (I think you said you will be committing there?) is such an amazing school and is so lucky to have you! I wish you the best during your time there :blue_heart:

1 Like

I very much appreciate it! I am leaning toward Amherst, though I haven’t committed yet! Still considering a few others, but as of now it’s the top! And any school that you end up going to is incredibly lucky as well :smiley:

1 Like

In case you guys want to see the final list:

Accepted:
Amherst
Bates
Colby
Conn College
McGill
Middlebury
Oberlin
Sarah Lawerence
USM
Vassar

Waitlisted:
Bowdoin (accepted WL)
Brown (accepted WL)
Harvard (accepted WL because why not)
NYU (declined WL)
Williams (still unsure)

Denied:
Yale

Given the record-breaking competitiveness this year for virtually every college I applied to, I am extremely surprised and pleased with the results! Perhaps things would have been different in a more “normal” year, but I am deciding not to go there in my mind :slight_smile:

As of now, I am deciding between Amherst, Vassar, Colby, and Middlebury. I am leaning toward Amherst, with Vassar being the other one I’m really looking into. I went through this whole process asking the universe to allow me to go to the place that’s best for me out of my list, and I believe Amherst might be it. Even though it doesn’t have the “Ivy League” or similarly global name brand, its academic and social qualities seem to match, or perhaps even exceed, those schools for an undergraduate student. Plus, who would complain about going to the theoretically second best LAC in the country (not that rankings are that indicative of anything)? Not I!

3 Likes

@PerformingDude congratulations on your impressive results! You will be a wonderful addition to whichever college is lucky enough to have you join their class of 2025! Looking forward to hearing your news when you decide!

1 Like

Thank you!! I really appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Committed to Amherst!!!

6 Likes

Congrats!! It’s such an amazing school. I have decided that I’ll be committing to Northwestern. So happy it worked out for both of us!

2 Likes

OMG Northwestern is wonderful!!! I’m so happy for both of us too - what a crazy year!

1 Like

And the Amherst community is the better for it! I’ve really enjoyed following your admissions journey. Congratulations and best of luck to you!

2 Likes

@PerformingDude congratulations to you! Your positive energy and hard work will continue to bring you great success. Your future is bright! :bulb:

1 Like

Thank you so much! And another thank you for the wonderful support throughout this whole process. Y’all kept me alive!! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

What wonderful words! Thank you so much for all of the support!! :yellow_heart:

Thank you!! :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like